Another day of minor league action is in the books. You can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Space Cowboys (49-58) won 14-6 (BOX SCORE)
Whitley started for Sugar Land and allowed 6 runs over 2 innings, with all 6 coming in the first. Jones got the scoring started with a solo HR in the 2nd inning. They picked up 4 more in the 3rd on a Diaz RBI double, Brinson RBI single, Matijevic RBI double and Jones RBI single. The offense took the lead picking up 8 runs in the 4th on a Diaz 3 run HR, Lee grand slam and Costes RBI groundout. After a short rain delay, Donato tossed 4 scoreless innings. McKee and Blanco also had scoreless innings as they closed out the 14-6 win.
Note: Diaz has 12 HR and a .914 OPS in Triple-A.
- David Hensley, SS: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Yainer Diaz, DH: 3-for-6, 2 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Lewis Brinson, CF: 2-for-5, 2 R, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, 3B: 3-for-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-6, R, HR, 4 RBI
- Justin Dirden, RF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Marty Costes, LF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI
- Forrest Whitley, RHP: 2.0 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Joe Record, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Chad Donato, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.o IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (48-56) won 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
Murray made his Hooks’ debut and went 3.2 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts. Perez put the Hooks on the board with an RBI single in the 5th and then in the 6th inning Whitcomb added an RBI single to make it 2-0. Ruppenthal relieved Murray and tossed 1.1 scoreless innings. Wagner added an insurance run in the 9th with an RBI single. Bravo closed the game out tossing 4 scoreless innings as the Hooks won 3-0.
Note: Perez is hitting .357 in August.
- Joe Perez, 3B: 3-for-5, 2 2B, RBI
- Quincy Hamilton, CF: 1-for-4, BB
- Will Wagner, 2B: 1-for-4, RBI, BB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Alex McKenna, RF: 2-for-4
- C.J. Stubbs, 1B: 1-for-3, BB
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 2-for-4, R, RBI, SB
- Jayden Murray, RHP: 3.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
A+: Asheville Tourists (45-56) lost 10-9 (BOX SCORE)
Asheville jumped out to a big lead scoring 6 runs in the first on a bases loaded walk to Daniels, Santana 2 run single, a run on a fielder’s choice and a 2 run single from Stevens. Palma added an RBI single in the 3rd. Mejias got the start and allowed 2 runs over 3.2 innings. After Cobos allowed a run, Tokar came in and allowed 5 runs. The Tourists got a run back in the 8th on a Loperfido solo HR. After McDonald allowed 2 runs, the Tourists went into the 9th down 10-8. They picked up a run on a bases loaded walk to Williams but that would be it as they fell 10-9.
Note: Loperfido is hitting .375 in High-A.
- Kenedy Corona, CF: 2-for-5, R, BB
- Michael Sandle, LF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- J.C. Correa, 2B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Zach Daniels, DH: 0-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Luis Santana, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Chad Stevens, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI, BB, SB
- Miguel Palma, C: 1-for-5, RBI
- Joey Loperfido, RF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- Justin Williams, 3B: 1-for-4, 3 RBI, BB, SB
- Christian Mejias, RHP: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Franny Cobos, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Heitor Tokar, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Cole McDonald, RHP: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (47-56)
Game 1 - lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Santos started for the Woodpeckers and allowed 2 runs over 3 innings with 4 strikeouts. Cole put the Woodpeckers on the board in the 4th with an RBI double. Garcia tossed 4 scoreless innings in relief but the offense was unable to get anything else going as they dropped game 1, 2-1.
Note: Garcia has a 0.79 ERA in 11.1 IP in Single-A.
- Alex Santos, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Ronny Garcia, RHP: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Game 2 - won 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Batista got the start for game two and was great tossing 5 scoreless innings with 8 strikeouts. Gilbert put the Woodpeckers on the board in the 3rd inning with a 2 run HR, his first in Single-A. Dezenzo later added a 2 run HR in the 5th and Cole added an RBI single in the 6th for insurance. Schroeder and Ford tossed a scoreless inning to close it out.
Note: Cole has 5 SB in 3 games in Single-A.
- Tommy Sacco, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Drew Gilbert, DH: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Zach Dezenzo, 3B: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Ryan Wrobleski, C: 1-for-3, 2B
- Tyler Whitaker, CF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, SB
- Zach Cole, LF: 1-for-3, RBI, 3 SB
- Edinson Batista, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Jayson Schroeder, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Kasey Ford, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Today’s minor league starters:
SL: Hunter Brown - 7:35 CT
CC: Tyler Brown - 7:05 CT
AV: Spencer Arrighetti - 5:35 CT
FV: Valente Bellozo - 6:05 CT