Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (67-48) won 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Conine started for the Skeeters and pitched well allowing just 1 run over 5 innings. Costes put the Skeeters on the board in the 4th with an RBI double. In the 5th, Jones gave Sugar Land the lead with a 3 run HR. De Goti added a sac fly in the 6th to extend the lead. The Isotopes rallied scoring 3 runs off of Paredes in the 7th but Martinez and Blanco were able to shut the door and seal the 6-4 win as the Skeeters clinched the Triple-A West Eastern Division Champions.
Note: Pena is hitting .396 in 12 games in September.
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-4, R
- Taylor Jones, LF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Marty Costes, RF: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Drew Butera, C: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 0-for-2, RBI
- Michael Papierski, 1B: 1-for-3, R
- Brett Conine, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Seth Martinez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (52-64) lost 8-6 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got on the board in the second inning scoring 3 runs on an Adolph RBI single and another two scoring on an error. Daniels got the start and went 5 innings allowing 3 runs. Melendez relieved Daniels but struggled allowing 5 runs in 1.1 innings. The Hooks would battle back scoring a run in the 8th on a Barefoot RBI single. In the 9th they scored 2 runs on a Hensley RBI single and McKenna RBI groundout but failed to complete the comeback as they fell 8-6.
Note: Hensley is hitting .419 in 11 games in September.
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- David Hensley, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI, BB, SB
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-5, RBI, SB
- Matthew Barefoot, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Luke Berryhill, 1B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Bryan Arias, 2B: 2-for-4, R
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-2, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Jaime Melendez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (52-61) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Jimenez started for the Tourists and went 6 innings allowing 4 runs, which all came in the 6th. In the 9th, Diaz put the Tourists on the board with a 2 run single but that was all they would get as Asheville fell 5-2.
Note: Diaz has 31 RBI in 28 High-A games.
- Alfredi Jimenez, RHP: 6.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Chandler Casey, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (53-64) won 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Hamilton put the Woodpeckers on the board in the first inning with a 3 run HR, his first professional HR. Tokar got the start and was great allowing just 1 run over 6 innings of work. The Woodpeckers added some insurance with 2 runs in the 8th on a Palma 2 runs single. Salgado closed it out allowed 1 run over the final 3 innings.
Note: Palma has a .830 OPS this season.
- Michael Sandle, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Justin Williams, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Quincy Hamilton, RF: 3-for-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, SB
- Miguel Palma, C: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Heitor Tokar, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Bryant Salgado, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: Tyler Brown (7.40 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Diosmerky Taveras (0.77 ERA) - 6:00 CT
FV: TBD - 5:30 CT