Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (63-46) (BOX SCORE)
France started and had a rough first inning allowing 4 runs. Overall he went 4 innings allowing 5 runs total. The Skeeters got on the board in the 3rd on a Pena 2 run single and Wilson RBI single. The Skeeters got another run back in the 7th on a De Goti RBI single. The Express tacked on another run in the 8th and the Skeeters were unable to complete the comeback as they fell 6-4.
Note: Scrubb has a 1.93 ERA in AAA.
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Jacob Wilson, 1B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Marty Costes, RF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Michael Papierski, DH: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Drew Butera, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI
- J.P. France, RHP: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Andre Scrubb, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (49-62)
Game 1 - won 8-0 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got on the board early scoring 5 runs in the first inning on a McKenna 2 run HR, Barefoot RBI single and Arias 2 run single. In the 2nd inning Julks connected on a solo HR. Julks added another HR, this time a 2 run shot, in the 6th. Lawson started for the Hooks and tossed a shutout in the 7 inning game 1.
Note: Hensley is hitting .289 this season.
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-3, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Joe Perez, 3B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- David Hensley. 2B: 2-for-3, R
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-3, 2 RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, RF: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Ross Adolph, DH: 0-for-1, R, BB, SB
- Bryan Arias, SS: 1-for-1, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Brandon Lawson, RHP: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K (WIN)
Game 2 - lost 1-0 (BOX SCORE)
Endersby started game 2 and went 4.1 innings allowing 1 run. The bullpen was good too but the offense struggled to get anything going as they picked up just 4 singles in the 1-0 loss.
Note: Endersby has 106 K in 93.2 innings this season.
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (48-59) lost 11-9 (BOX SCORE)
Robaina started for the Tourists and allowed 4 runs over 4 innings of work. Abreu put the Tourists on the board in the second inning with a 2 run HR in the 2nd inning. The Tourists would get 2 more runs in the 6th on an Abreu RBI double and a run scoring on a wild pitch. Rome extended they lead adding 4 more runs off the bullpen. The Tourists went into the 9th down 8-4 and rallied for 4 runs on a run scoring on a passed ball, a Diaz 2 run HR and an Abreu solo HR. The game went to extras and Rome scored 3 runs in the top of the 10th. The Tourists got one back in the bottom of the inning on a Daniels RBI single but that was it as they lost 11-9.
Note: Diaz is hitting .361 with 7 HR, 20 RBI in 17 games in High-A.
- Zach Daniels, CF: 2-for-6, R, RBI
- J.C. Correa, 1B: 1-for-6, R, 2B
- Shay Whitcomb, 2B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Yainer Diaz, C: 3-for-6, 3 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Wilyer Abreu, RF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 2B, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Freudis Nova, 3B: 1-for-2, 2B
- Luis Guerrero, LF: 1-for-5, R
- Julio Robaina, RHP: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Kevin Holcomb, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Freylin Garcia, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (51-60) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Calderon started for the Woodpeckers and tossed 4 scoreless innings. The Woodpeckers got on the board in the 4th on a Brewer solo HR. Brown relieved Calderon and allowed 3 runs over 4 innings while striking out 7. The offense was unable to get anything else going as they lost 3-1.
Note: Brown has 26 K in 18 innings this season.
- Carlos Calderon, RHP: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 5 BB, 4 K
- Aaron Brown, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: Jaime Melendez (0.00 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Alfredi Jimenez (5.18 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:00 CT