Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (59-43) lost 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
The Skeeters jumped out to an early lead scoring 3 runs in the first inning on a Matijevic 2 run double and Costes RBI single. Scheetz got the start and allowed 4 runs over 4 innings. The Skeeters got another run in the 2nd on a Costes RBI groundout. Costes would add another RBI groundout in the 4th. El Paso tied the game up at 5 in the 5th and the game would stay tied 5-5 going into the 9th. El Paso was able to walk it off in the 9th for the 6-5 win.
Note: Matijevic has 23 RBI in 25 games in August.
- Chas McCormick, CF: 2-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, RF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-5, R, SB
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Marty Costes, LF: 2-for-5, 3 RBI, SB
- Sean Mendoza, 2B: 2-for-4
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Jon Olczak, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Seth Martinez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 0.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (46-56) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Hensley put the Hooks on the board in the first inning with an RBI single. Freure got the start and went 4 innings allowing 1 run. Sprinkle had a scoreless innings in relief and then Macuare allowed 2 runs in 3 innings. Unfortunately, the offense was quiet after the first inning as they failed to score again and lost 3-1.
Note: Hensley hit .311 in August.
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Angel Macuare, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (44-55) won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Gruller got the start for Asheville and allowed 1 run over 2 innings. The offense was quiet early but Diaz gave the Tourists a lead with a 3 run HR in the 6th inning. Taveras relieved Gruller and went 4 innings allowing just 1 run. Gaither closed it out to pick up the save.
Note: Diaz is hitting .429 with 5 HR in High-A.
- Kyle Gruller, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Diosmerky Taveras, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Ray Gaither, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (47-56) won 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Lopez started for the Woodpeckers and went 4 innings allowing 4 runs. The offense got on the board in the 5th scoring 6 runs on a Mascai solo HR, Sandle 2 run double, Stevens RBI double, and Brewer and Williams RBI singles. Tokar closed it out tossing 5 scoreless innings to seal the win.
Note: Sandle has a .983 OPS this season.
- Michael Sandle, LF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Chad Stevens, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Justin Williams, 3B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Victor Mascai, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Miguel Palma, C: 1-for-2, R
- Kobe Kato, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Jairo Lopez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Heitor Tokar, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Brett Daniels (6.78 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Cesar Gomez (-.— ERA) - 6:05 CT
FV: TBD - 5:30 CT