Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (45-34) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Solomon started for the Skeeters and pitched well allowing just 2 runs on 6 innings with 6 strikeouts. The 2 runs came on a HR in the 6th. Matijevic put the Skeeters on the board in the 2nd with a solo HR. In the 4th, Gonzalez added a 2 run HR, his 2nd in as many games. The bullpen struggled though with Baez allowing a run in the 7th and Kelly allowing a run in the 8th as they lost this one 4-3.
Note: Matijevic has 18 HRs this season.
- Alex Bregman, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 BB
- C.J. Hinojosa, SS: 2-for-5, R
- Norel Gonzalez, RF: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Pedro Baez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (38-44) won 9-2 (BOX SCORE)
Julks got the game started off right with a leadoff HR to put the Hooks up 1-0. In the 5th, the Hooks blew it open scoring 7 runs on a run scoring on a wild pitch, a Hensley RBI single, a Manea 2 run single, and an Adolph 3 run HR. Record started for the Hooks and pitched well allowing 1 run over 6 innings of work. Manea added some insurance in the 8th with an RBI single. Rosado closed it out allowing 1 unearned run over the final 3 innings.
Note: Adolph is hitting .417 with 4 HR over his last 12 games.
- Corey Julks, DH: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Joe Perez, 3B: 0-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- David Hensley, 2B: 3-for-5, R, RBI
- Scott Manea, 1B: 4-for-4, R, 3 RBI
- Ross Adolph, LF: 2-for-5, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-4, 2B, BB
- Chandler Taylor, RF: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Joe Record, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A+: Asheville Tourists (34-45) won 9-6 (BOX SCORE)
Melendez started for the Tourists and got roughed up a bit allowing 5 runs, 4 earned in 3.1 innings. The offense came out hot though getting on the board in the first on a Nova RBI single. They scored 3 runs in the 3rd on a Berryhill RBI single and 2 runs scoring on an error. Berryhill added a 3 run HR in the 4th to take the lead. The Tourists picked up 2 more runs in the 6th on an Abreu 2 run single. Jaquez relieved Melendez and went 3.2 innings allowing just 1 run. DeJuneas closed it out with 2 scoreless innings.
Note: Whitcomb has a .940 OPS in 28 High-A games.
- Shay Whitcomb, 2B: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2B, SB
- Luke Berryhill, C: 2-for-4, 3 R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Freudis Nova, SS: 2-for-5, R, RBI
- Zach Daniels, LF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- J.C. Correa, 3B: 0-for-4, BB, SB
- Wilyer Abreu, CF: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
- Luis Guerrero, LF: 0-for-2, 3 BB, SB
- Deury Carrasco, DH: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Jaime Melendez, RHP: 3.1 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Ernesto Jaquez, RHP: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (36-45) won 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
Santos started for the Woodpeckers and pitched really well allowing 1 run over 5 innings while striking out 7. The Woodpeckers got their first run in the 3rd on a fielder’s choice. In the 4th they picked up 3 runs on a Gonzalez sac fly, Kato RBI single, and Mascai RBI single to take a 4-1 lead. Tokar relieved Santos and was dominant closing it out as he tossed 4 perfect innings with 7 strikeouts.
Note: Santos has 33 K in 29.2 innings this season.
- Cristian Gonzalez, SS: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Kobe Kato, 2B: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Victor Mascai, LF: 1-for-4, RBI, SB
- Will Wagner, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 R
- Alex Santos, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Heitor Tokar, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: TBD - 7:05 CT
AV: Jose Bravo (4.67 ERA) - 5:05 CT
FV: TBD - 4:00 CT