Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (54-41) won 8-1 (BOX SCORE)
Urquidy made a rehab start for the Skeeters last night and pitched well allowing 1 run over 4 innings while striking out 6. Siri put the Skeeters on the board in the 4th with an RBI groundout. The offense blew it open in the 5th scoring 5 runs on a De Goti solo HR, Hinojosa RBI single, 2 runs on an error and a Siri RBI single. Shaver added a solo HR in the 8th to extend the lead. Bielak closed it out tossing 3 scoreless innings.
Note: Hinojosa is hitting .306 this season.
- C.J. Hinojosa, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI
- Robel Garcia, DH, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Jose Siri, RF: 1-for-4, R, 3 RBI
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 2-for-4, R
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Jose Urquidy, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (44-53) lost 5-3 (BOX SCORE)
Brown started for the Hooks and allowed 3 runs in 1.2 innings. The Hooks finally got on the board in the 7th on a Kessinger RBI double and Julks RBI single. Ruppenthal pitched the final 4 innings allowing 2 runs. The Hooks got a run back in the 8th on a Valdez solo HR but that would be it from the offense as they fell 5-3.
Note: Julks is hitting .305 with .875 OPS this season.
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-5, RBI
- Alex McKenna, CF: 2-for-4
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Grae Kessinger, SS: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Tyler Brown, RHP: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (41-51) won 13-6 (BOX SCORE)
The offense came to play in this one. They jumped out to an early lead scoring 3 in the first on a Dirden 2 run single and Diaz RBI single. In the 2nd they scored 2 runs on a Whitcomb 2 run double. The offense got another 2 runs in the 3rd on a run scoring on a balk and a Whitcomb RBI single. After getting 1 in the 4th on a Stubbs RBI double, they got 2 more in the 5th on Whitcomb and Berryhill RBI doubles. The offense continued their onslaught scoring 2 more in the 6th on a Diaz RBI double and a run scoring on an error. Melendez tossed 3 scoreless innings to open it and he was relieved by Cody who allowed 6 runs in 3.1 innings. Diaz added a solo HR in the 8th. Sprinkle closed it out striking out 5 over 2.2 scoreless innings.
Note: Diaz is hitting .400 with 4 HR, 9 RBI in 4 games in High-A.
- J.C. Correa, 3B: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Shay Whitcomb, 2B: 4-for-5, 2 R, 2 2B, 4 RBI
- Luke Berryhill, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Justin Dirden, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- C.J. Stubbs, LF: 1-for-5, 2B
- Deury Carrasco, SS: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Yainer Diaz, C: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Luis Santana, DH: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Luis Guerrero, RF: 1-for-5, R
- Jaime Melendez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Danny Cody, RHP: 3.1 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 2.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (WIN)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (44-53) won 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Santos got the start for the Woodpeckers and went 3.1 innings allowing 2 runs. The Woodpeckers picked up their first run in the first on an error. In the 5th the Woodpeckers took the lead scoring 2 runs on a Brewer sac fly and Williams solo HR. Sandle added a solo HR in the 7th for insurance. Hiraldo closed it out with 3 scoreless innings to pick up the save.
Note: Williams has a .849 OPS in 16 games this season,
- Michael Sandle, CF: 2-for-2, 3 R, HR, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Jordan Brewer, RF: 0-for-3, RBI
- Justin Williams, 2B: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Alex Santos, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Fabricio Reina, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K (WIN)
- Carlos Hiraldo, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: R.J. Freure (8.31 ERA) - 7:10 CT
AV: TBD - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:00 CT