Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (46-37) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (41-45) lost 12-8 (BOX SCORE)
Rosado got the start and got roughed up allowing 8 runs in 2.2 innings. Taylor put the Hooks on the board in the 2nd with a solo HR. They also got a Ceuta RBI double and a Perez solo HR in the 2nd. The Hooks picked up another run in the 7th on a Ceuta RBI groundout and 2 more runs in the 8th on an Adolph 2 run double. Conn struggled in relief allowing 4 runs as the Sod Poodles extended their lead. The Hooks would get two more in the 9th on a Hensley 2 run single but it wasn’t enough as they fell 12-8.
Note: Perez is hitting .324 in August.
- Corey Julks, DH: 1-for-5, R
- Joe Perez, 3B: 4-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-5, R
- David Hensley, 2B: 1-for-4, 2 RBI, BB
- Scott Manea, 1B: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Ross Adolph, RF: 1-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI
- Alex McKenna, CF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Chandler Taylor, LF: 2-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Yorbin Ceuta, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 2.2 IP, 8 H, 8 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.1 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Jon Olczak, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (35-47) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
This was a continuation of the game that started on Tuesday. Correa put the Tourists on the board in the 2nd with a solo HR. In the 3rd, Berryhill added a 2 run HR. Gruller went the first 2 innings without allowing a run. De Paula got the call as the game continued yesterday and he went 3.2 innings allowing 4 runs. The offense struggled to get anything else going though as they lost 4-3.
Note: Berryhill has a 1.018 OPS this season.
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 2-for-3, R, SB
- Luke Berryhill, 1B: 2-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Freudis Nova, 2B: 1-for-2, BB
- J.C. Correa, 3B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Kyle Gruller, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Brayan De Paula, LHP: 3.2 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (37-47) lost 21-5 (BOX SCORE)
Deason got the start for the Woodpeckers and went 3.1 innings allowing 4 runs, 2 earned, while striking out 6. Gonzalez put the Woodpeckers on the board in the 3rd with an RBI single. The offense got another run in the 5th when Perry stole home. Perry added another run in the 6th on a bases loaded walk. Garcia pitched the final 4.2 innings allowing just 1 run but the offense was unable to make a comeback.
Note: Hamilton is 7-for-17 in his professional debut so far.
- Kobe Kato, 2B: 1-for-5, R
- Cristian Gonzalez, SS: 1-for-5, RBI
- Quincy Hamilton, CF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Nathan Perry, 1B: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB, SB
- Chad Stevens, DH: 1-for-4, SB
- Cody Deason, RHP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Elvis Garcia, RHP: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: TBD - 7:05 CT
AV: Jaime Melendez (4.10 ERA) - 3:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:05 CT