Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (27-22) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Velazquez started for the Skeeters and pitched well going 4 innings and allowing just 1 run. De La Cruz got the first run in on a sac fly in the first inning. In the 6th he gave the Skeeters the lead with a solo HR to go up 2-1. The bullpen pitched great most of the night with scoreless outings from Paredes, Martinez, and Abreu. Blanco came on to close it in the 9th and allowed a walk-off 2 run HR as the Skeeters lost 3-2.
Note: Meyers is hitting .341 with 1.032 OPS this season.
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-3, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Hector Velazquez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Seth Martinez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (24-28) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Mushinski started and went 3.2 innings allowing just 1 run and striking out 7. The offense struggled though getting no-hit through the first 6 innings. In the 7th they got on the board on a Gonzalez solo HR. Rosado pitched the finale 4.1 innings allowing 2 unearned runs, but the offense was unable to get anything else going.
Note: Gonzalez has a .974 OPS with 10 HR, 35 RBI this season.
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (23-28) won 7-4 (BOX SCORE)
The offense got off to a nice start getting an RBI single from Arias in the 2nd inning. In the 4th, they got a Nova RBI double. Barefoot added a 2 run HR in the 5th, his 11th of the season. Arias would add an RBI double in the 6th to go up 6-0. Lopez started and went 5.1 innings allowing just 1 run. He was relieved by Sprinkle who got roughed up allowing 3 runs in just 0.2 innings. Abreu connected on a 2 run HR in the 9th for some insurance. Horrell closed it out tossing 2.2 scoreless to finish it.
Note: Abreu is hitting .275 in 29 games this season.
- Wilyer Abreu, RF: 3-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Deury Carrasco, SS: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Matthew Barefoot, CF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, DH: 1-for-3, BB
- Shay Whitcomb, 3B: 1-for-4, R
- Freudis Nova, 2B: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI, SB
- Bryan Arias, LF: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Cesar Salazar, C: 1-for-4, R
- Juan Pablo Lopez, LHP: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (22-29) win 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
Taveras started for the Woodpeckers and allowed 3 runs over 3 innings. Rodriguez put Fayetteville on the board in the first with an RBI single. In the 3rd, they got 2 more runs on a Dirden 2 run HR. The Woodpeckers blew it open in the 5th scoring 6 runs on a Rodriguez RBI single, Mendoza bases loaded walk, Ramirez 2 run double, Brewer RBI single and a run scoring on a fielder’s choice. Robaina closed the game out tossing 5.2 innings and allowing 4 runs, 3 earned.
Note: Correa is tied for the lead in the Astros system with 15 doubles.
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 1-for-5, RBI
- Nathan Perry, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- J.C. Correa, SS: 2-for-5, R, 2B
- Nerio Rodriguez, DH: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Justin Dirden, RF: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Sean Mendoza, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Yeuris Ramirez, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Yohander Martinez, 2B: 1-for-3, RBI, BB, SB
- Diosmerky Taveras, RHP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 5 BB, 4 K
- Julio Robaina, LHP: 5.2 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: J.P. France (3.52 ERA) - 6:05 CT
CC: Jonathan Bermudez (3.71 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Matt Ruppenthal (6.87 ERA) - 6:00 CT
FV: TBD - 5:00 CT