Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (38-29) lost 14-5 (BOX SCORE)
Hansen got the start and got roughed up allowing 5 runs in 3.2 innings. The bullpen didn’t fare much better with McKee and Baez allowing a run and then Conine allowing another 5 runs in just 0.2 innings. The offense got their first run in the second on a Siri sac fly. They got two more runs in the 6th on a wild pitch and a Hinojosa RBI single. Hinojosa also had an RBI double in the 8th and scored on a wild pitch. Martes allowed 2 runs in relief before Paredes tossed a scoreless inning but the offense was unable to come back.
Note: Hinojosa is hitting .313 in July.
- Taylor Jones, 3B: 1-for-5, R
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-4, 3 R
- C.J. Hinojosa, 2B: 3-for-4, R, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Jose Siri, LF: 1-for-3, RBI
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 5 BB, 2 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Pedro Baez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Brett Conine, RHP: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Francis Martes, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (31-39) won 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Lawson got the start and pitched well going 6 innings and allowing 2 runs with 7 strikeouts. The offense got on the board in the 6th scoring 3 runs on a Lee RBI double and Julks 2 run HR. Olczak allowed 2 runs in relief and the Hooks went into the 9th down 4-3. Hensley got a pinch hit at bad and hit a 2 run HR to take a 5-4 lead. Hernandez closed it out tossing 2.1 scoreless innings.
Note: Lee is hitting .304 with a .930 OPS in 31 games in AA.
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-5, 2B
- Norel Gonzalez, LF: 2-for-4, R
- Korey Lee, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Corey Julks, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Marty Costes, RF: 2-for-3, R, 2B
- David Hensley, PH-2B: 1-for-1, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Brandon Lawson, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Jon Olczak, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K (WIN)
A+: Asheville Tourists (28-39) SUSPENDED
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (31-39) won 7-0 (BOX SCORE)
Tamarez started for the Woodpeckers and pitched really well going 5 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts. The Woodpeckers first run came in the 3rd inning on a Dirden solo HR. In the 4th they got 2 more runs on a Urdaneta solo HR and Brewer RBI single. The offense blew to open in the 5th scoring 4 runs on a Martinez 2 run single, a run scoring wild pitch and a Gonzalez RBI single. Gruller closed it out striking out 9 over 4 scoreless innings.
Note: Tamarez has 45 K in 35 innings this season.
- Cristian Gonzalez, SS: 2-for-5, RBI
- Justin Dirden, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, B B
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 1-for-5, RBI
- Nerio Rodriguez, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B, BB
- Nathan Perry, C: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, LF: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- Kenedy Corona, RF: 1-for-5, R
- Yohander Martinez, 2B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Misael Tamarez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Kyle Gruller, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: Ryan Hartman (4.92 ERA) - 6:05 CT
CC: TBD - 7:00 CT
AV: Jaime Melendez (3.52 ERA) - 5:05 CT
FV: TBD - 4:00 CT