AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (38-28) won 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Meyers put the Skeeters on the board in the 3rd with an RBI single. In the 5th, Meyers added an RBI double. France started for the Skeeters and went 7 innings allowing 4 runs. In the 7th the Skeeters tied it up at 4 on a Meyers RBI single and Jones RBI double. Meyers came through again in the 9th with a sac fly to put the Skeeters ahead. Blanco closed it out with a perfect 9th to pick up the save.
Note: Meyers is hitting .378 in July.
- Pedro Leon, SS: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 2B, BB, SB
- Jake Meyers, DH: 3-for-4, R, 2B, 4 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-4, 2B
- Miguelangel Sierra, 3B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- J.P. France, RHP: 7.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (30-39) lost 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Endersby started for the Hooks and went 4 innings allowing 3 runs. The Hooks picked up a run in the 3rd on a Costes single and another run in the 4th on a Hensley single and error. Henderson relieved Endersby and allowed 3 runs over 2 innings of work. Conn tossed 2 scoreless innings with 3 strikeouts. The offense struggled to score again though and lost 6-2.
Note: Lee is hitting .314 in 59 games this season.
- Marty Costes, LF: 2-for-4, RBI, BB
- Korey Lee, C: 2-for-4, R
- Grae Kessinger, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Cesar Salazar, DH: 2-for-3, 2B, BB
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 2.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (28-39) lost 12-1 (BOX SCORE)
Another rough game for the Tourists. De Paula started and allowed 7 runs over 4.1 innings. Holderbach put the Tourists on the board with solo HR in the 2nd inning. De Paula was relieved by DeJuneas and he went 1.2 innings allowing 4 runs. Bravo went the final 3 innings allowing a run and striking out 6. The offense was quiet though as they lost 12-1.
Note: Bravo has 64 K in 50 innings this season.
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 1-for-4, SB
- Alex Holderbach, 1B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- J.C. Correa, 3B: 2-for-3
- Brayan De Paula, RHP: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 3.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (30-39) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers jumped out to an early lead scoring 3 runs in the first on a Brewer RBI single, Rodriguez sac fly, and Urdaneta RBI triple. Jimenez started for the Woodpeckers and pitched well going 7 innings allowing 2 runs and striking out 8. The Cannon Ballers got a run off of Holcomb in the 8th and the game went to the 9th tied at 3. In the bottom of the 9th, the Woodpeckers rallied starting with a Rodriguez triple who eventually scored on a bases loaded walk to Guerrero.
Note: Jimenez has 55 K in 50.1 innings this season.
- Cristian Gonzalez, SS: 0-for-4, R
- Justin Dirden, LF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 1-for-2, R, 3B, RBI
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, 2B: 1-for-3, 3B, RBI, BB
- Luis Guerrero, 2B: 0-for-2, RBI, 2 BB
- Alfredi Jimenez, RHP: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 8 K
- Kevin Holcomb, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: Brett Conine (4.39 ERA) - 7:05 CT
CC: Brandon Lawson (3.30 ERA) - 7:00 CT
AV: Matt Ruppenthal (5.85 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 5:30 CT