Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (36-27) won 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
The Skeeters jumped out to an early lead getting 2 runs in the first on Jones and De La Cruz RBI doubles. Hinojosa stayed hot connecting on a solo HR in the 3rd inning. Hartman started for the Skeeters and went 6 innings allowing 6 runs. In the 7th the Skeeters put up 3 to tie it on a Shaver RBI double and Hinojosa 2 run HR. Kelly and Ferrell had scoreless outings to send it to extra innings. In the 10th the Skeeters picked up a run on a De La Cruz RBI double. The Isotopes tied it in the bottom of the inning. In the 11th the Skeeters scored twice with a run scoring wild pitch and a Meyers RBI single. Blanco was able to toss a scoreless 11th to close it out.
Note: Hinojosa has 5 HR, 17 RBI in July.
- C.J. Hinojosa, SS: 4-for-5, 3 R, 2B, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, LF-1B: 2-for-6, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Bryan De La Cruz, DH: 2-for-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 1-for-2, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Jake Meyers, LF: 2-for-2, RBI
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 6.0 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Francis Martes, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (29-37) won 9-5 (BOX SCORE)
Mushinski started for the Hooks and was solid allowed 3 runs, 2 earned over 5 innings of work. Gonzalez put the Hooks on the board with a solo HR in the 4th. He added another solo HR in the 6th. Rosado pitched the final 4 innings and allowed 2 runs. The Hooks entered the 9th down 5-2 and that’s when the rally started. They got a Perez RBI single, a run scoring on a passed ball, and a bases loaded walk to tie it up. With 2 outs, Schreiber came up with the bases loaded and hit a walk-off grand slam as the Hooks won 9-5.
Note: Schreiber has 11 HR and a .932 OPS this season.
- Pedro Leon, CF: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-5, R
- Norel Gonzalez, LF: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, BB
- David Hensley, SS: 0-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Scott Manea, DH: 1-for-3, 2 BB
- Scott Schreiber, RF: 3-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Grae Kessinger, 2B: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
A+: Asheville Tourists (28-36)
Game 1 - won 9-2 (BOX SCORE)
Freure started game 1 for the Tourists and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings of work. Barefoot got the Tourists on the board in the first with a solo HR. The offense put up 4 more in the 3rd on a Salazar 2 run double and Barefoot 2 run HR. In the 5th, Whitcomb connected on a 3 run HR to blow it open. Salazar added an RBI single in the 6th. Horrell close it out tossing 2 scoreless innings.
Note: Barefoot has a .998 OPS and 16 HR this season.
- Wilyer Abreu, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Cesar Salazar, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 3 RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, CF: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Shay Whitcomb, 3B: 2-for-3, R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Carlos Machado, RF: 1-for-3, R
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Game 2 - SUSPENDED
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (29-36) lost 7-3 (BOX SCORE)
Reina started and struggled with his command as he walked 6 and allowed 5 runs in 4 innings. The Woodpeckers got their first run in the first inning on a Dirden RBI double. Perry added an RBI double in the 5th. Baez relieved Reina and tossed a scoreless inning in his rehab outing. Schroeder walked 6 over the final 3 innings allowing 2 runs. Brewer had a sac fly in the 8th but that was it for the offense as they fell 7-3.
Note: Perry is hitting .289 with 1.000 OPS in July.
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Nathan Perry, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Justin Dirden, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Fabricio Reina, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 6 BB, 0 K
- Pedro Baez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Jayson Schroeder, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 6 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: Peter Solomon (5.24 ERA) - 7:35 CT