Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (33-24)
Game 1 - lost 10-2 (BOX SCORE)
Conine started and was solid allowing 3 runs over 5 innings with 5 strikeouts. Meyers drove in the only two runs for the Skeeters with a 2 run double in the 5th. Martes relieved Conine and went 1.2 innings allowing 5 runs and 4 walks. He was relieved by McKee who allowed a 2 run HR. The Skeeters dropped the first game of the double header, 10-2.
Note: Conine has 43 K in 50.1 innings this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, DH: 1-for-3, R
- Jake Meyers, LF: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Jose Siri, DH: 0-for-1, 2 BB, SB
- Brett Conine, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Francis Martes, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 1 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Game 2 - won 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
Game 2 went a lot better than game one. Hansen started and went 3.1 scoreless innings. Siri put the Skeeters on the board in the 2nd inning with a solo HR. In the 3rd, Dawson added an RBI single. The Skeeters got one more in the 6th on an error. Scheetz tossed 1.2 scoreless in relief and then Ferrell and Blanco closed it out with scoreless innings each.
Note: Siri has 11 HR and .929 OPS this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-3, RBI
- Jake Meyers, RF: 1-for-3, R
- Jose Siri, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-2, R
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 3.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (25-35) lost 8-1 (BOX SCORE)
Endersby got the start and struggled allowing 5 runs, 2 earned in 2.2 innings. He was relieved by Henderson who allowed 2 runs in just 0.2 innings. The Hooks’ only run came on a Hensley RBI groundout, despite them picking up 11 hits. Lawson went 4.1 innings in relief allowing 1 run but the offense was unable to get anything else going as they lost 8-1.
Note: Lee has a .983 OPS in AA.
- Norel Gonzalez, RF: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-5
- Korey Lee, C: 2-for-4
- David Hensley, 1B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Ross Adolph, LF: 2-for-4
- Grae Kessinger, SS: 2-for-4
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Brandon Lawson, RHP: 4.1 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (26-33) won 10-3 (BOX SCORE)
Valdez got the scoring started for the Tourists connecting on a 2 run HR in the first inning. They got 2 more runs in the 3rd on a Barefoot RBI double and a run scoring on a passed ball. Melendez got the start and tossed 3 no-hit innings with 6 strikeouts. The offense scored 3 more runs in the 4th on a Valdez RBI double and Barefoot 2 run HR. The offense capped their big day in the 7th with a solo HR from Arias and a 2 run HR from Whitcomb. Freure relieved Melendez and allowed 1 run over 5 innings. Conn allowed 2 runs in the 9th but was able to close it out.
Note: Barefoot has 13 HR and a .970 OPS this season.
- Wilyer Abreu, 3B: 0-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, C: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Matthew Barefoot, RF: 3-for-5, R, 2 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Bryan Arias, DH, 1B: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Freudis Nova, LF: 2-for-5, R
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 2-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Alex Holderbach, 2B: 2-for-4, R, BB
- Jaime Melendez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Chandler Casey, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (26-33) won 14-8 (BOX SCORE)
Plumlee got the start and went 4 innings allowing 4 runs. The offense got started early scoring 3 runs in the 2nd on a Martinez sac fly and a Correa 2 run double. Berryhill added an RBI single in the 4th to tie it at 4. In the 5th, the Woodpeckers blew it open scoring 8 runs on a Correa RBI single, Dirden 2 run triple, Rodriguez sac fly, Berryhill 2 run HR and Mendoza 2 run HR. The offense would add 2 more in the 6th on a Daniels RBI single and Martinez RBI groundout. Barry allowed 1 run over 3.1 innings as he picked up the win in relief.
Note: Correa has a 1.155 OPS in July.
- J.C. Correa, 3B: 2-for-5, R, 2B, 3 RBI, BB
- Justin Dirden, CF: 3-for-5, R, 3B, 2 RBI, SB
- Nerio Rodriguez, 1B: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Zach Daniels, DH: 2-for-3, 4 R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Luke Berryhill, C: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Kenedy Corona, LF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Sean Mendoza, 2B: 2-for-4, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Yohander Martinez, SS: 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- Peyton Plumlee, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Whit Drennan, LHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Shea Barry, RHP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Jose Betances, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: Peter Solomon (5.95 ERA) - 4:05 CT