Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (31-23) lost 1-0 (BOX SCORE)
Velasquez started for the Skeeters and pitched really well tossing 4 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts. Pruitt relieved Velazquez and tossed 3 scoreless innings in his rehab outing. Next up was James who went 1.1 innings before being pulled, though a run was allowed after he left as the Rainiers took the lead. The Skeeters were unable to score and fell 1-0.
Note: Velazquez has a 1.46 ERA this season.
- Hector Velazquez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Austin Pruitt, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Josh James, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (25-33) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Perez put the Hooks on the board in the first with a solo HR, his first in AA. Rosado started and allowed 2 runs in 2.1 innings before the game was delayed due to rain. Hernandez relieved Rosado and allowed 2 runs in 1.2 innings. The Hooks got a couple back in the 4th on a Schreiber RBI double and Adolph RBI single. Kessinger tied the game up in the 7th on a solo HR. Daniels went 4 innings in relief allowing 1 run and striking out 6. The RockHounds took the lead in the 8th and the offense was unable to respond as they lost 5-4.
Note: Brown has 60 K in 37 innings this season.
- Joe Perez, 3B: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Scott Manea, 1B: 0-for-1, R, 3 BB
- Scott Schreiber, CF: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Ross Adolph, LF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Grae Kessinger, 2B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (25-32) lost 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Cody got the start for the Tourists and allowed 3 runs over 5 innings with 8 strikeouts. Holderbach got the Tourists on the board with a 2 run HR in the 6th inning. Cody was relieved by Horrell who went 3 innings allowing 1 run. The offense was unable to get on the board again as they lost 4-2.
Note: Holderbach has 3 HR over his last 2 games.
- Wilyer Abreu, RF: 0-for-3, 2 BB
- Cesar Salazar, DH: 2-for-4, R
- Alex Holderbach, 1B: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Danny Cody, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (23-32)
Game 1 - won 5-3 (BOX SCORE)
Robaina started and was dominant striking out 6 over 4 scoreless innings while allowing just 1 hit. Correa put the Woodpeckers on the board in the first inning with a solo HR in the first inning. Dirden added a sac fly in the first to make it 2-0. In the 4th they picked up 3 more runs on a Correa bases loaded walk and a Brewer 2 run single. Taveras relieved Robaina and struck out 5 in 2 scoreless innings. Holcomb tried to close it out allowing 3 runs but Betances got the final out to seal it.
Note: Robaina has 28 K in 23.2 innings this season.
- J.C. Correa, 1B: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Jordan Brewer, LF: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, SB
- Nathan Perry, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Justin Dirden, CF: 1-for-2, RBi
- Kenedy Corona, RF: 0-for-3, R
- Sean Mendoza, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Yohander Martinez, 2B: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Julio Robaina, LHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Diosmerky Taveras, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Kevin Holcomb, RHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Jose Betances, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (SAVE)
Game 2 - lost 11-9 (BOX SCORE)
Santos started game 2 and allowed 3 runs, 2 earned over 3 innings while allowing just 1 hit but 6 walks. The Woodpeckers got 3 runs in the first on a Rodriguez 2 run triple and another run scoring on a wild pitch. Urdaneta added a solo HR in the 4th. The wheels kind of fell off in the 4th when the Wood Ducks allowed 5 runs in the 4th. The Woodpeckers tied it up on a Corona RBI single and a Correa RBI triple and Dirden gave them a lead on a 3 run HR. Gomez relieved Santos but really struggled allowing 10 hits and 8 runs, 5 earned, in 4.1 innings. as the Wood Ducks took an11-9 lead and eventually won by that score.
Note: Correa is hitting .295 with .841 OP S this season.
- J.C. Correa, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 3B, RBI
- Jordan Brewer, DH: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Justin Dirden, LF: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 1-for-4, R, 3B, 2 RBI
- Zach Daniels, RF: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, 2B: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Kenedy Corona, CF: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Alex Santos, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 6 BB, 2 K
- Cesar Gomez, RHP: 4.1 IP, 10 H, 8 R, 5 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Daniel Procopio, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: Brett Conine (3.38 ERA) - 6:05 CT
CC: Jonathan Bermudez (4.18 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Brayan De Paula (4.22 ERA) - 5:30 CT
FV: TBD - 4:00 CT