Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (26-21) lost 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Conine started for the Skeeters and pitched well allowing 2 runs in 6 innings while striking out 6, and both runs came in the first inning. Matijevic put the Skeeters on the board in the 2nd inning with a solo blast to left center. In the 6th, Sugar Land scored 2 runs to take the lead on a Jones RBBI double and a Siri RBI single. Abreu relieved Conine and threw a scoreless 7th but allowed a run in the 8th. He was relieved by Ferrell who allowed 2 runs in the 8th as well. Matijevic added an RBI double in the 8th to make it 5-4. Paredes came into pitch the 9th and walked two without retiring a batter and allowed a run. The Skeeters went down in the 9th as they lost last night 6-4.
Note: Matijevic has 12 HR, 36 RBI in 41 games this season.
- Jake Meyers, RF: 2-for-4
- C.J. Hinojosa, 3B: 0-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 3-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Jose Siri, CF: 2-for-4, RBI
- Brett Conine, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 0.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (22-26) POSTPONED
A+: Asheville Tourists (22-26) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
De Paula started for the Tourists and allowed 3 runs over 2.2 innings. He was relieved by Ceballos who allowed 2 runs in 1.1 innings. The Tourists finally got on the board in the 6th inning on an Abreu solo HR and then 2 runs scoring on an error. Macuare went 4 innings in relief allowing 1 run with 5 strikeouts. Unfortunately the offense was quiet the rest of the game as the Tourists lost 6-3.
Note: Macuare has 46 K in 33.1 innings this season.
- Wilyer Abreu, CF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Cody Orr, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2 SB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 0-for-3, R, BB, SB
- C.J. Stubbs, 1B: 1-for-3, BB
- Brayan De Paula, LHP: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Yeremi Ceballos, LHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Angel Macuare, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (18-29) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
James made another rehab appearance in this one tossing a scoreless inning to start it. Fayetteville got their first run in the 2nd inning on a Daniels RBI single. Jimenez came in and went 4 innings allowing 1 run. The game stayed tied at 1 until the 10th inning when the Mudcats got two off of Tamarez, who went 5 innings allowing 2 runs. The Woodpeckers rallied though scoring 3 in the bottom of the 10th on a Berryhill bases loaded walk, a Daniels RBI single and a walk-off balk allowing Dirden to score.
Note: Brewer is hitting .271 this season.
- Jordan Brewer, RF: 1-for-4, 2B, BB, SBB
- J.C. Correa, SS: 1-for-5, R
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 1-for-4, BB
- Justin Dirden, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Luke Berryhill, 1B: 0-for-2, RBI, 3 BB, SB
- Zach Daniels, LF: 3-for-4, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Josh James, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Alfredi Jimenez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Misael Tamarez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Hunter Brown (4.99 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: R.J. Freure (10.03 ERA) - 6:00 CT
FV: TBD - 3:00 CT; Game 2 - TBD