Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (25-11) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (19-25) won 13-2 (BOX SCORE)
Endersby made his AA debut and pitched well allowing just 1 run (solo HR) over 6 innings while striking out 10. Lee put the Hooks on the board in the 2nd with a solo HR. Costes added to that with an RBI single in the 3rd. In the 4th, the Hooks blew it open with 5 runs on a Kessinger solo HR, Costes RBI single, Julks RBI single and Leon 2 run single. They would add another run in the 5th on a Julks sac fly. Leon added another RBI single in the 8th to extend the lead. With the bases loaded in the 8th, Adolph cleared them with a grand slam to make it 13-2. Cobos allowed 1 run in 2.1 innings and Serrano closed it out getting the final two outs.
Note: Lee has 4 HR, 9 RBI in 8 AA games.
- Marty Costes, CF: 2-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Korey Lee, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Pedro Leon, SS: 2-for-5, R, 3 RBI
- Scott Manea, DH: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Grae Kessinger, 2B: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Ross Adolph, RF: 1-for-3, 3 R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Zach Biermann, 1B: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K (WIN)
- Franny Cobos, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Kyle Serrano, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (19-24) lost 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
Macuare started for the Tourists and got roughed up a bit allowing 5 runs in 3.2 innings. The Tourists picked up their first run in the first inning on a Perez solo HR. In the 3rd they got back to back HRs from McKenna and Salazar. Procopio allowed 2 runs as the Dash extended their lead. The Tourists started a comeback in the 6th getting 2 runs on a Stubbs solo HR and another run on an error. In the 7th inning they picked up a run on an Abreu solo HR. De Paula made his High-A debut and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings. The Tourists got another in the 8th on a Perez RBI single but they went down in order in the 9th as they lost 9-7.
Note: Perez is hitting .337 with 7 HR, 21 RBI in 21 games in High-A.
- Alex McKenna, RF: 4-for-5, 3 R, HR, RBI
- Cesar Salazar, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Joe Perez, 3B: 3-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Wilyer Abreu, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- C.J. Stubbs, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Angel Macuare, RHP: 3.2 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Daniel Procopio, RHP: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Brayan De Paula, LHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (16-26) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Tamarez got the start for Fayetteville and tossed 4 innings allowing just 1 run. Brewer gave the Woodpeckers the lead in the 3rd with a 2 run triple. Jimenez relieved Tamarez and allowed 3 runs (2 earned) over 4 innings while striking out 5. The Woodpeckers got 1 run back in the 8th on an error to cut it to 4-3, but they went down in order in the 9th as they lost 4-3.
Note: Brewer has 7 RBI in 9 games this season.
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 1-for-5, 3B, 2 RBI, SB
- Yeuris Ramirez, 1B: 1-for-4, R
- Zach Daniels, LF: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Misael Tamarez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Alfredi Jimenez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 6:05 CT
CC: Brett Daniels (9.67 ERA) - 6:35 CT
AV: Tyler Brown (8.26 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:00 CT