Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (20-13) lost 8-6 (BOX SCORE)
Hartman started for the Skeeters and pitched well going 5 innings allowing 2 runs while striking out 8. The Skeeters got on the board in the second inning on RBI singles from Hinojosa and De Goti. De Goti added another RBI single to tie the game up at 3 in the 6th. LaRue relieved Hartman and allowed 6 runs over his 4 innings of work. The Skeeters got a couple runs back in the 8th on a Meyers RBI double and Toro RBI single. The Skeeters rallied in the 9th getting a Sierra RBI single but De Goti struck out with two on as the Skeeters lost 8-6.
Note: Hartman has 42 K in 32.2 innings this season.
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 2-for-6, 2 RBI
- Jake Meyers, DH: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Abraham Toro, LF: 1-for-2, RBI, 3 BB
- Jose Siri, RF: 1-for-5, R
- Michael Papierski, 1B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, 3B: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI
- C.J. Hinojosa, SS: 2-for-5, R, RBI
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (16-19) lost 7-5 (BOX SCORE)
Daniels started for the Hooks and struggled allowing 5 runs in 1.1 innings. He was relieved by Henderson who allowed an unearned run in the 2nd and then tossed 2 scoreless innings. Sprinkle made his AA debut going 1.2 innings allowing a run and striking out 2. The offense finally got on the board in the 6th scoring 3 runs on a Hensley 2 run HR and Taylor solo HR. Tejada relieved Sprinkle and tossed 2.1 scoreless innings. The Hooks got back to back HRs in the 9th from Julks and Manea but the rally stopped there as they lost 7-5.
Note: Hensley has 5 HR, 16 RBI this season.
- Marty Costes, LF: 1-for-4, R
- David Hensley, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Chandler Taylor, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Pedro Leon, SS: 1-for-4
- Corey Julks, RF: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Scott Manea, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (15-20) won 9-0 (BOX SCORE)
Moclair started for the Tourists and tossed 4 scoreless innings, though he did walk 5 and strikeout 5. Barefoot put the Tourists on the board in the first inning with an RBI double. In the 4th, the Tourists scored 3 runs on a Perez solo HR and 2 runs scoring on an error. Melendez, making his High A debut, relieved Moclair and threw 4 scoreless innings with 3 strikeouts. The offense blew it open in the 7th getting an RBI double from Barefoot, an RBI single from Lee, an RBI double from Perez and a Holderbach RBI groundout. Perez would add another RBI double in the 9th to make it 9-0. Procopio closed it out with a scoreless 9th.
Note: Barefoot is hitting .331 with 10 2B, 8 HR, 28 RBI this season.
- Alex McKenna, RF: 1-for-3, 3 R, 2 BB, SB
- Matthew Barefoot, LF: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B, 2 RBI, SB
- Korey Lee, 3B: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Joe Perez, 1B: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 2-for-3, R, 2B, 2 BB
- Alex Holderbach, DH: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Freudis Nova, SS: 0-for-5, RBI
- Mark Moclair, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 5 BB, 5 K
- Jaime Melendez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Daniel Procopio, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (14-21) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers jumped out to an early 3-0 lead scoring 3 in the 2nd on an Urdaneta RBI single, a Ramirez steal of home, and another run on an error. Reina got the start and ran into trouble in the 4th as he allowed 3 runs in his 3.2 innings. He was relieved by Gomez who went 4.1 innings allowing just 1 run. Unfortunately that was the winning run as the offense was unable to score again.
Note: Gomez has a 3.67 ERA this season.
- Jordan Brewer, CF: 2-for-3, BB, SB
- J.C. Correa, SS: 1-for-4, 2B, R
- Yeuris Ramirez, 1B: 0-for-4, R, SB
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, LF: 2-for-3, R, RBI, 2 SB
- Fabricio Reina, RHP: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Cesar Gomez, RHP: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Heitor Tokar, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT