Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (20-12) lost 10-8 (BOX SCORE)
Conine started for the Skeets and ran into some early trouble giving up 5 hits and retiring just 1 batter before being pulled. He was charged with 6 earned runs. He was relieved by Kelly who went 2.1 innings and allowed just 1 run. The Skeeters would battle back scoring 1 run in the first on a wild pitch, 1 run in the 2nd on a Papierski RBI groundout and a run in the 3rd on a De Goti solo HR. In the 4th, the Skeeters rallied scoring 4 runs with a run scoring on an error, a Papierski sac fly, and a Sierra 2 run HR. The Skeeters took the lead in the 5th on a De La Cruz RBI double. Blanco went 3.1 innings in relief allowing 1 run and striking out 3. Ferrell and Scheetz had scoreless innings to send it to the 9th inning tied at 8. Velasquez came in for the 9th and allowed 2 runs as the Express took a 10-8 lead. The Express got a 1 out double but failed to score in the 9th.
Note: Ferrell has a 0.00 ERA with 17 K in 10.1 innings this season.
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Abraham Toro, DH: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Bryan De La Cruz, LF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Jose Siri, CF: 1-for-2, 2 R, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 0-for-2, 2 RBI, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- C.J. Hinojosa, SS: 1-for-4, 2B
- Brett Conine, RHP: 0.1 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 2.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Hector Velazquez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (16-18) lost 7-5 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got the offense going early in this one picking up 2 runs in the first on a Julks RBI double and a run scoring on a double play. In the second they would get 3 runs on a Leon solo HR, Costes RBI single and another run scoring on a double play to take a 5-0 lead. Brown started for the Hooks and pitched really well striking out 10 over 4.2 innings while allowing just 1 run. Hernandez relieved Brown and allowed 1 run in his 1.1 innings of work. Lawson came in next and allowed 5 runs as the Sod Poodles took the lead. The offense went down in order in the 9th as the Hooks lost 7-5.
Note: Leon has 3 HR and 10 BB in 10 games in June.
- Marty Costes, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Norel Gonzalez, LF: 1-for-4, 2B
- Pedro Leon, CF: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Grae Kessinger, SS: 1-for-4, R
- C.J. Stubbs, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Hunter Brown, RHP: 4.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Brandon Lawson, RHP: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (14-19)
Game 1 - lost 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Macuare started game 1 for the Tourists and went 4 innings allowing 2 runs with 3 strikeouts. The Tourists tied it up in the 5th on a Valdez sac fly and a Lee RBI single. Endersby relieved Macuare and allowed 4 runs in his first inning, with his second inning being scoreless. The offense was unable to score anything else as they dropped the first game 6-2.
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 0-for-3, RBI
- Korey Lee, C: 2-for-3, RBI, BB
- Joe Perez, 3B: 1-for-3
- Matthew Barefoot, LF: 0-for-1, 2 BB
- Freudis Nova, SS: 1-for-3, R
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 3-for-3, R, 2B
- Angel Macuare, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 2.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Game 2 - lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
The Tourists jumped out to an early lead getting 2 runs in the first inning on a Schreiber 2 run single. Brown started and tossed 4 scoreless innings with 3 strikeouts. Freure relieved Brown and the game fell apart as he allowed 4 runs retiring just 2 batters. Casey allowed a run in the 5th as well. The offense failed to score again and lost 5-2.
- Matthew Barefoot, CF: 1-for-3, 2B, SB
- Cesar Salazar, DH: 0-for-2, R, BB, SB
- Joe Perez, 3B: 0-for-3, R
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-3, 2 RBI
- Ramiro Rodriguez, LF: 1-for-3, SB
- Tyler Brown, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Chandler Casey, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (14-20) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Vega made his first start of the season and struggled allowing 5 runs in just 1.2 innings. Rodriguez put the Woodpeckers on the board with an RBI single in the 3rd inning. Holcomb relieved Vega and allowed 1 run in his 2 innings of work. De Paula pitched in relief and pitched really well tossing 4.1 no hit innings and striking out 5. Betances struck out the side in a scoreless 9th to keep it 6-1. The Woodpeckers would rally for 2 in the 9th on an Arias 2 run HR but still came up short in the 6-3 loss.
Note: De Paula has a 1.38 ERA with 36 K in 26 innings this season.
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 2-for-5, R, SB
- Bryan Arias, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- J.C. Correa, 1B: 1-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Nerio Rodriguez, DH: 1-for-5, RBI
- Zach Daniels, CF: 0-for-2, 2 BB, SB
- Luke Berryhill, C: 1-for-3, 2B, BB
- Luis Vega, RHP: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 0 K
- Kevin Holcomb, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Brayan De Paula, LHP: 4.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Jose Betances, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 6:05 CT
CC: Cesar Rosado (10.42 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Juan Pablo Lopez (8.02 ERA) - 1:00 CT
FV: TBD - 1:00 CT