Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (18-10) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (14-17) lost 19-4 (BOX SCORE)
Hensley put the Hooks on the board in the 3rd with an RBI single. In the 4th, they got 2 more runs on Costes and Matijevic RBI singles. The pitching really got roughed up. Mushinski allowed 8 runs in 1.1 innings. DeJuneas allowed 5 runs and Henderson allowed 4 in relief. Hernandez came in next and allowed 2 runs before we had a position player pitching, Adams, who actually tossed a scoreless inning. Gonzalez did add a solo HR in the 8th, his 7th of the season.
Note: Leon is hitting .474 with 3 2B, 2 HR, 5 RBI in June.
- Marty Costes, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 2-for-4, RBI, BB
- Norel Gonzalez, 1B: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- David Hensley, 3B: 2-for-4, RBI, BB
- Pedro Leon, SS: 0-for-1, R, 4 BB
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 1.1 IP, 10 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Jake Adams, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (13-18)
Game 1 - lost 8-4 (BOX SCORE) - completion of suspended game on June 8th.
Moclair started and allowed 5 runs, all coming in the 2nd inning. The offense got on the board in the 6th inning scoring 3 runs on a McKenna solo HR, Schreiber RBI double and Barefoot RBI single. They got another in the 8th on a Barefoot RBI double. Lopez started the “completion” portion of the game and went 6 innings allowing 3 runs, just 1 earned, but the offense was unable to complete the comeback.
Note: McKenna leads the Astros minor leagues with 9 HR this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Matthew Barefoot, LF: 3-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Freudis Nova, SS: 1-for-4, 2B
- Alex Holderbach, DH: 2-for-3, 2B, BB
- Mark Moclair, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Juan Pablo Lopez, LHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
Game 2 - lost 5-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Tourists scored 3 runs in the first inning on a Lee RBI single and a Holderbach 2 run single. Ceballos started and went just 1 inning allowing 2 unearned runs. He was relieved by Bravo who went 5 innings allowing 3 runs, 2 earned. The offense didn’t get anything else on the board as they dropped game 2, 5-3.
Note: Lee is hitting .320 this season.
- Alex McKenna, RF: 2-for-3, R, 3B, SB
- Korey Lee, DH: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-3, R
- Alex Holderbach, C: 1-for-3, 2 RBI
- Yeremi Ceballos, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 0 SO
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (13-18) loser 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Jimenez started and allowed 3 runs over 4 innings of work. The Woodpeckers first run came on an Arias solo HR in the 4th. After a scoreless inning from Sprinkle, Robaina allowed 3 more runs in 3 innings. The offense got one back in the 7th on a Whitcomb RBI single and another in the 8th on a Rodriguez solo HR. Unfortunately that was it for the offense as they dropped this one 6-3.
Note: Sprinke has a 0.93 ERA with 21 K in 9.2 innings this season.
- Shay Whitcomb, 3B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Bryan Arias, 2B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, 2 SB
- Jordan Brewer, DH: 2-for-4
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Zach Daniels, CF: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Alfredi Jimenez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Julio Robaina, LHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Kevin Holcomb, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: Joe Record (5.00 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Matt Ruppenthal (7.04 ERA) - 6:00 CT
FV: TBD - 5:30 CT