Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (13-6) lost 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
Dubin started for the Skeeters and went 3 innings allowing 3 runs. The Skeeters lone run on the night came from a Meyers solo HR, his 5th HR of the season. Taylor allowed 1 run in another rehab outing. Scheetz, Velazquez and Eades all had scoreless outings in relief but the offense was unable to mount a comeback.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .400 in 16 games this season.
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Blake Taylor, LHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Hector Velazquez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Ryan Eades, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (9-12) won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rosado started for the Hooks and was dominant striking out 9 over 5 scoreless innings. The Hooks got their first run in the 5th on a Manea solo HR. The Hooks went into the bottom of the 7th down 2-1 but got 2 runs on Stubbs and Manea RBI doubles. Donato allowed 2 runs but pitched a scoreless 8th and 9th to close it out for the win.
Note: Donato has 3 BB/25 K in 20 innings this season.
- David Hensley, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- C.J. Stubbs, RF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Scott Manea, C: 3-for-3, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Michael Wielansky, 2B: 1-for-2, BB
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Chad Donato, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (WIN)
A+: Asheville Tourists (12-9) won 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
The Tourists hot hitting continued in this one. They got on the board in the 3rd scoring 3 runs on a Schreiber solo HR, a Perez RBI double, and a Santana RBI double. Henley started for the Tourists and struggled some allowing 5 runs over 3.1 innings. Tejada relieved Henley and allowed a run in 1.1 innings. In the 5th inning, Perez connected on a grand slam to take a 7-6 lead. Bravo pitched the 6th and gave up a run as the Hot Rods tied it. In the bottom of the 6th the Tourists scored 2 more runs on a McKenna RBI single and a Valdez sac fly. The game was called after 6 innings due to rain.
Note: Perez is hitting .306 with 5 2B, 3 HR, 14 RBI this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Korey Lee, C: 2-for-4, R
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, RF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, HR, 5 RBI
- Luis Santana, 2B: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Ramiro Rodriguez, LF: 1-for-3, R
- Blair Henley, RHP: 3.1 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (10-12) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Jimenez started for the Woodpeckers and allowed 1 run over 2.2 innings of work. He was relieved by Gomez who went 3.1 innings allowing just 1 run. The offense got their first run in the 2nd on a wild pitch. In the 3rd they got two more runs on a Rodriguez 2 run single. Garcia would relieve Gomez and allowed 3 runs in 1.1 innings. The Woodpeckers went into the 9th down 5-3 and got a run on a Paulino solo HR but couldn’t scratch off another as they lost 5-4.
Note: Whitcomb is hitting .301 this season.
- Justin Dirden, RF: 1-for-5, R, SB
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 1-for-3, R, SB
- J.C. Correa, LF: 1-for-3, 2B, BB
- Nerio Rodriguez, DH: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, BB
- Juan Paulino, 1B: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Alfredi Jimenez, RHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 0 K
- Cesar Gomez, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Freylin Garcia, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Cristofer Mezquita, LHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 6:05 CT
CC: Parket Mushinski (8.59 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: TBD - 5:05 CT
FV: TBD - 5:05 CT