Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (13-5) won 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
Hartman started for the Skeeters and pitched well tossing 4 scoreless innings while racking up 9 strikeouts. The offense got on the board in the first on a Meyers RBI groundout. In the 3rd, they got two more runs on a Rivera 2 run double. Papierski added a 2 run HR in the 4th to make it 5-0. Rivera added an RBI single in the 5th to extend the lead. Taylor tossed an inning in relief and allowed 1 run. He was relieved by McKee and Eades who combined to toss a scoreless 6th inning. LaRue closed it out with 3 scoreless innings as the Skeeters extended their winning streak.
Note: Hartman has 5 BB/24 K in 17 innings this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, LF: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Jake Meyers, DH: 0-for-4, R, RBI
- Jose Siri, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 0-for-1, R, 3 BB, SB
- Yadiel Rivera, 2B: 3-for-4, 2B, 3 RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Michael Papierski, 1B: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Blake Taylor, LHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Ryan Eades, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (8-12) lost 11-8 (BOX SCORE)
Daniels started for the Hooks and the game got away from him early as he allowed 7 runs in just 1.2 innings. The Hooks got on the board in the 4th scoring 3 runs on a Julks RBI single and Manea 2 run double. Record pitched 3 innings in relief and allowed 2 runs as the Sod Poodles extended their lead. They would add one more run off of DeJuneas. The Hooks rallied in the 7th getting 5 runs on a Costes solo HR, a Matijevic solo HR, a Kessinger RBI single and a Julks 2 run HR. Unfortunately they were unable to get anything else going and lost 11-8.
Note: Matijevic has homered in three straight games.
- Marty Costes, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Norel Gonzalez, 1B: 1-for-5, 2B R
- Grae Kessinger, S: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 4-for-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Scott Manea, C: 1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Hunter Peck, LHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Joe Record, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Jon Olczak, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (11-9) won 9-4 (BOX SCORE)
Moclair started for the Tourists but struggled with his command walking four in the first inning and allowing a run before being pulled. He was relieved by Procopio who tossed 1.1 scoreless innings. The Tourists got on the board in the 4th scoring 3 runs on a Barefoot solo HR, a Rodriguez RBI single, and a McKenna RBI single. In the 6th they scored 5 runs on a McKenna RBI single, a run scoring on a wild pitch, and a Schreiber grand slam. Lopez went 4.2 innings allowing 2 runs and striking out 5 before being pulled for Conn, who retired the last batter in the 7th. They picked up another run in the 7th on a Rodriguez RBI single. Conn would close this one out allowing 1 run over the final 2.1 innings.
Note: McKenna is hitting .303 with .959 OPS this season.
- Alex McKenna, RF: 3-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, DH: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Korey Lee, DH: 1-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, CF: 2-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Joe Perez, 3B: 1-for-4, BB
- Freudis Nova, SS: 0-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB
- Luis Santana, 2B: 1-for-4, 2 R
- Ramiro Rodriguez, RF: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Mark Moclair, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 1 K
- Daniel Procopio, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Juan Pablo Lopez, LHP: 4.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (9-12) lost 10-7 (BOX SCORE)
Schroeder made the start for Fayetteville last night and struggled allowing 5 runs in 3.1 innings. He was relieved by Meszaros who retired just 1 batter and allowed 3 runs. Holcomb had 1.1 innings in relief and allowed a run as well. The offense finally put some runs on the board scoring 3 in the 7th a Corona 3 run double. Macuare tossed 3 innings allowing 1 run with 5 strikeouts. The Woodpeckers would rally for a run in the 8th on a wild pitch and then 3 in the 9th on a Dirden RBI double and Whitcomb 2 run single. But that was all they got as they lost 10-7.
Note: Macuare has a 1.15 ERA with 5 BB/24 K in 15.2 innings.
- Justin Dirden, RF: 1-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 2-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- J.C. Correa, 3B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Nerio Rodriguez, DH: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Kenedy Corona, CF: 1-for-4, 2B, 3 RBI
- Juan Paulino, 1B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Yohander Martinez, 2B: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Jayson Schroeder, RHP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 5 BB, 4 K
- Janos Meszaros, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Kevin Holcomb, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Angel Macuare, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: Cesar Rosado (10.13 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Blair Henley (5.40 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:05 CT