Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (12-5) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (8-11) won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Urquidy made a rehab start for the Hooks last night and went 3.2 scoreless innings with 3 strikeouts. He was relieved by Horrell who allowed a run in 1.1 innings. Hensley put the Hooks on the board in the 4th with an RBI single. In the 5th the Hooks scored 3 runs on a Costes sac fly and Matijevic 2 run HR. Hensley added another RBI single in the 6th to make it 5-1. Brown came in and pitched 3 innings allowing 1 run. The Hooks got a couple of insurance runs in the 8th on a Costes RBI double and another run on a passed ball. Hernandez closed it out with a scoreless 9th.
Note: Costes is hitting .380 this season.
- Marty Costes, CF: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Norel Gonzalez, DH: 1-for-4, R
- David Hensley, 3B: 2-for-4, RBI
- Scott Manea, 1B: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Jose Urquidy, RHP: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Hunter Brown, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (10-9) won 16-12 (BOX SCORE)
Freure started for the Tourists and struggled allowing 8 runs, 7 earned, over 3.2 innings. The offense got 3 runs in the first inning on a Valdez 2 run HR and a Perez RBI single. In the 2nd, Rodriguez added a solo HR. In the 3rd they picked up another run on a Rodriguez RBI groundout. The offense would add two more in the 4th on a Valdez RBI groundout and Schreiber solo HR. Holderbach would add a solo HR in the 6th for the 8th run. Horrell relieved Freure and allowed 1 run in 1.1 innings. In the bottom of the 7th, Asheville exploded for 6 runs on a Holderbach RBI single, McKenna RBI double, Valdez 2 run double, Lee RBI double, and a run scoring on an error. The offense continued scoring getting a 2 run HR from Valdez in the bottom of the 8th. Brown went 3.1 innings in relief allowing 3 runs and striking out 6. Serrano closed it out striking out 2 batters to end it.
Note: Lee is hitting .319 with 11 RBI this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2B, 3B, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 3-for-6, 3 R, 2B, 2 HR, 7 RBI
- Korey Lee, DH: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 3-for-5, R, RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, DH: 1-for-4, R
- Joe Perez, 3B: 1-for-5, RBI
- Freudis Nova, SS: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Ramiro Rodriguez, RF: 2-for-4, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Alex Holderbach, C: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 3.2 IP, 7 H, 8 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Tyler Brown, RHP: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Kyle Serrano, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (9-10) lost 2-0 (BOX SCORE)
Plumlee got the start for the Woodpeckers and went 3 innings allowing 1 run. He was relieved by Reina who allowed 1 run over 2.2 innings. Melendez was next up and went 2.2 scoreless innings striking out 5. Unfortunately the offense was unable to get anything going as the Woodpeckers lost 2-0.
Note: Melendez has 3 BB/24 K in 12.2 innings with a 0.73 ERA.
- Peyton Plumlee, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Fabricio Reina, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Jaime Melendez, LHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: Brett Daniels (2.45 ERA) - 6:35 CT
AV: Juan Pablo Lopez (12.91 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:05 CT