Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (12-5) won 8-1 (BOX SCORE)
Rodriguez started for the Skeeters and went 3 innings allowing just 1 unearned run. Meyers put the Skeeters on the board in the first inning with an early 2 run double. They picked up another run in the 3rd on a Dawson RBI double. Martinez relieved Rodriguez and tossed a scoreless inning. In the 5th, the offense added two more runs on a De Goti 2 run single. De La Cruz followed that up with another 2 run single to make it 7-1. They would pick up one more run in the 8th on a balk. Conine tossed three scoreless innings in relief and then Torres closed it out with two scoreless as they Skeeters won 8-1.
Note: Conine has a 0.66 ERA this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2 RBI, SB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B, RBI, BB
- Jake Meyers, LF: 3-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Lorenzo Quintana, DH: 3-for-5, R, SB
- Alex De Goti, SS: 2-for-5, R, 2 RBI, SB
- Miguelangel Sierra, 3B: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB, SB
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Seth Martinez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Brett Conine, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Jojanse Torres, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (7-11) won 17-4 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks offense came out of the gates rolling scoring one in the first on a Gonzalez RBI single. In the 2nd, they put up 6 runs on a Wielansky RBI single, Leon 3 run double, and Gonzalez 2 run HR. They would add another 2 runs in the 4th on a Matijevic RBI single and Gonzalez RBI groundout. France got the start and went 4 innings allowing 3 runs with 4 strikeouts. In the 5th the Hooks added 5 more runs on a Kessinger RBI single, a run scoring on a wild pitch, and a 3 run HR from Matijevic. Olzcak tossed 1 scoreless inning in relief before handing the ball over to Bermudez. In the bottom of the the Hooks got 3 more run on a Shaver 3 run HR. Bermudez closed it out striking out 6 over 4 innings while allowing just 1 run.
Note: Bermudez has 2 BB/33 K in 19 innings this season.
- Pedro Leon, DH: 4-for-5, 4 R, 2 2B, 3 RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 2-for-6, R, HR, 4 RBI
- Norel Gonzalez, 1B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 4 RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 3-for-5, 3 R, SB
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Grae Kessinger, SS: 1-for-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB
- Michael Wielansky, 2B: 4-for-5, 3 R, RBI
- J.P. France, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Jon Olczak, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Jonathan Bermudez, LHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
A+: Asheville Tourists (9-9) won 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Endersby got the start for the Tourists and went 3.2 innings allowing 3 runs with 5 strikeouts. The offense got their first run in the 3rd on a McKenna solo HR. In the 4th, Barber added a solo HR for the second run of the game. Ceballos tossed 1.1 scoreless innings in relief to keep it close. In the bottom of the 8th, Valdez connected on a 2 run HR to make it 5-4. Two batters later, Barefoot hit a 2 run HR, his first in High A, to give the Tourists a 6-5 lead. Ruppenthal closed it out with a scoreless 9th as he allowed 2 runs in his 4 innings of work.
Note: McKenna has 5 2B, 4 HR, 13 RBI in 17 games this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 2-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-3, R
- Matthew Barefoot, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Colin Barber, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Yeremi Ceballos, LHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (WIN)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (9-9) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Mejias started and last only 2 innings allowing just 1 run. He was relieved by Drennan who went 1.2 innings and allowed 2 runs. The Woodpeckers got their first run in the 2nd with a run scored on an error. Vega relieved Drennan and tossed 4.1 scoreless innings but the offense was unable to get anything else going as they dropped this one 3-1.
Note: Vega has a 1.29 ERA this season.
- Christian Mejias, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Whit Drennan, LHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Luis Vega, RHP: 4.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Jose Urquidy (-.— ERA) - 6:35 CT
AV: R.J. Freure (4.50 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:05 CT