Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (9-5) POSTPONED
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (6-10) lost 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rosado made his second start of the season, third outing, and this one didn’t go well either as he allowed 4 runs in 4 innings of work. He was relieved by Lawson who allowed 1 run in 2 innings of work. The Hooks picked up 1 run in the 2nd on a Taylor solo HR. In the 4th they got another run on a Hensley RBI double. Henderson was solid in relief tossing 2 scoreless before giving up another run to the Travelers in the 9th, that scored after he left the game. The Hooks were unable to rally in the bottom of the 9th.
Note: Hensley is hitting .309 with 10 RBI this season.
- Marty Costes, RF: 1-for-4, SB
- Chandler Taylor, CF: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- David Hensley, 2B: 2-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Brandon Lawson, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (7-9) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Bravo started for the Tourists and went 5 innings allowing 3 runs. The offense got their first run in the 4th on a bases loaded walk to Orr. In the 8th, Krabbe added an RBI double to make it 3-2. Henley came on in relief and tossed 4 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts to keep it close. Unfortunately the offense was unable to put anything else together and the Tourists fell 3-2.
Note: Henley has 21 K in 13.1 innings this season.
- Alex McKenna, LF: 1-for-4, 2B
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Scott Schreiber, 3B: 1-for-4, R
- Tyler Krabbe, 1B: 1-for-1, 2B, RBI
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Blair Henley, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (8-9) lost 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Gomez got the start for the Woodpeckers and went 4 innings allowing 2 runs. Perez put the Woodpeckers on the board in the first inning with a solo HR, his first of the season. In the 5th, Barefoot added a solo HR to tie the game at 2. The GreenJackets a run in the 6th to take a 3-2 lead. Fayetteville went into the 9th down 3-2 but with two outs, Perez connected on another solo HR to tie the game at 3. Two batters later, Dirden hit a 2 run HR to take a 5-3 lead. Jaquez relieved Taveras in the 9th with a couple on and struggled as he walked in a run to make it 5-4. The next batter hit a 2 run walk-off single as the Woodpeckers fell 6-5.
Note: Perez is hitting .394 with 2 HR, 7 RBI over his last 8 games.
- Matthew Barefoot, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 2-for-4, R, BB
- Justin Dirden, RF: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Juan Paulino, 1B: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Cesar Gomez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Diosmerky Taveras, RHP: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 1 K
- Ernesto Jaquez, RHP: 0.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 6:05 CT
CC: Chad Donato (3.27 ERA) - 1:05 CT
AV: Danny Cody (6.10 ERA) - 12:05 CT
FV: TBD - 1:05 CT