Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (9-5) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Hartman started for the Skeeters and dominated despite a rain delay as he tossed 4 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts. The Skeeters got their first run in the 3rd inning on a Jones sac fly. In the 4th, they added two more runs on a River RBI double and Rivera scoring on an error after a stolen base. Eades tossed a scoreless inning before turning the ball over to McKee who allowed 2 runs in 0.2 innings. Scheetz followed McKee and allowed a solo HR in his 1.1 innings as El Paso tied the game at 3. Velazquez tossed 2 scoreless innings in relief to keep the game tied at 1. In the bottom of the 9th, De La Cruz sent the fans home happy with a walk-off RBI single to win it 4-3.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .407 with 10 RBI this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, LF: 3-for-5, RBI
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Jose Siri, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Yadiel Rivera, 2B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- Ryan Eades, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Hector Velazquez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (6-9) won 7-6 (BOX SCORE)
Record started and allowed 3 runs over 3.2 innings of work. The Hooks got all three runs back in the 2nd inning though on a Stubbs 2 run double and a Costes RBI double. The Hooks took a lead in the 6th on an RBI groundout from Matijevic but the Travelers got the run back in the 7th off Daniels. Daniels pitched well though allowing just 1 run over 4 innings of work with 7 strikeouts. The game went to extras and the Travelers got a run in the top of the 10th. In the bottom of the 10th, Stubbs tied it with an RBI single. A couple batters later, lined a single to RF which should have been a walk-off hit but the umpire ruled Taylor was hit by the ball on the base paths. The Travelers got another run in the 11th, but in the bottom of the 11th Hensley crushed a 2 run HR to walk it off for the Hooks.
Note: Costes is hitting .390 this season.
- Marty Costes, CF: 3-for-6, 2B, RBI
- Pedro Leon, SS: 2-for-5, 2 SB, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 0-for-5, R, RBI, BB
- David Hensley, 2B: 2-for-6, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Norel Gonzalez, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-5, 2 R, 2B
- C.J. Stubbs, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 3 RBI, BB
- Grae Kessinger, 3B: 1-for-3, R, 2 BB, SB
- Joe Record, RHP: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
A+: Asheville Tourists (7-8) won 7-6 (BOX SCORE)
Lopez started for the Tourists and lasted just 2 innings allowing 6 runs (3 earned). Asheville got 1 run in the first on a Barber RBI single. In the 4th inning, the Tourists exploded for 6 runs getting a 2 run single from McKenna, a 2 run single from Valdez, a Santana RBI single and another run scoring on a passed ball. Tejada relieved Lopez and tossed 3 scoreless innings to keep the score 7-6. Moclair made his High-A debut on the mound and closed this game out in style striking out 7 over the final 4 scoreless innings.
Note: Moclair has 25 K in 14.2 innings this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Korey Lee, C: 2-for-5, 2 R
- Colin Barber, LF: 1-for-3, RBI, 2 BB
- Luis Santana, 2B: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Cody Orr, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Ramiro Rodriguez, RF: 1-for-2, R, BB, SB
- Juan Pablo Lopez, LHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 6 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Mark Moclair, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (SAVE)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (8-8) won 11-10 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers offense came out hot early scoring a run in the 2nd on a Correa RBI single, a run in the 3rd on a Perez RBI single, and 2 runs in the 4th on a Dirden 2 run HR. Schroeder started and went 2 innings allowing 3 runs, 2 earned. He was relieved by Mezquita who went 2.2 innings and allowed 3 runs. The offense continued to put up runs getting another 2 runs in the 5th on a Perez RBI double and Correa sac fly. In the 7th, the Woodpeckers scored five more runs on a Perez RBI double, Barefoot RBI single, Urdaneta sac fly and a run on a wild pitch and fielders choice as they took an 11-7 lead. Drennan went 1.2 innings and allowed 1 run, but walked 7. Holcomb was next and he walked 4 before being pulled. Garcia allowed a couple inherited to score but got out of the 8th maintaining an 11-10 lead. Garcia made things interesting in the 9th, but was able to hold on for the win. The pitching staff walked 20 batters!
Note: Perez is hitting .379 with 5 RBI over his last 7 games.
- Zach Daniels, CF: 2-for-4, 2 R, BB, SB
- Matthew Barefoot, LF: 2-for-6, 2 R, RBI, 2 SB
- Joe Perez, 3B: 3-for-6, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- J.C. Correa, 1B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- Justin Dirden, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Jose Alvarez, C: 1-for-5, R
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, 2B: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Jayson Schroeder, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 1 K
- Cristofer Mezquita, LHP: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Whit Drennan, LHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 7 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Kevin Holcomb, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 0 K
- Freylin Garcia, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 6:05 CT
CC: Cesar Rosado (10.80 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Jose Bravo (6.10 ERA) - 5:05 CT
FV: TBD - 5:05 CT