Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (8-5) won 7-3 (BOX SCORE)
Torres got the start for the Skeeters in the home opener and pitched well allowing just 1 run over 4 innings of work. The offense got on the board early scoring two runs in the first on a De Goti RBI groundout and a Quintana RBI single. LaRue relieved Torres and allowed 2 runs in 2 innings but the offense responded scoring 2 in the 5th on a De Goti RBI double and a Jones RBI single. In the 6th, De La Cruz added a 3 run HR to open the lead up. Garza was up next to pitch and he tossed 2 scoreless innings striking out 4. Blanco closed it out in the 9th.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .388 with 3 HR, 9 RBI this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 3-for-5, 3 R, HR, 3 RBI, SB
- Ronnie Dawson, LF: 3-for-5, R, SB
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-5, RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, DH: 1-for-4, RBI
- C.J. Hinojosa, 3B: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-4, R
- Jojanse Torres, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (5-9)
Game 1 - lost 8-4 (BOX SCORE)
Brown made his second start of the season but struggled lasting just 1.2 innings while allowing 6 hits and 3 runs. He was relieved by Collado who tossed 1.1 scoreless innings. The Hooks picked up their first run in the 2nd on a Gonzalez RBI groundout. In the 4th, the Hooks picked up 3 more on RBI singles from Costes, Leon and Matijevic. France was on the mound next and allowed 3 runs over 3 innings of work. DeJuneas pitched the last inning and allowed 2 more runs as the Travelers extended their lead to 8-4. The Hooks were unable to get anything else going offensively and dropped game 1.
- Marty Costes, LF: 2-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Pedro Leon, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 2-for-3, RBI, BB
- David Hensley, 2B: 2-for-3, R
- Corey Julks, RF: 0-for-3, R, BB, SB
- Ross Adolph, CF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Hunter Brown, RHP: 1.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Willy Collado, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- J.P. France, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Game 2 - lost 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
Bermudez got the start in game 2 and went 5 innings allowing 4 runs, 3 earned, while striking out 9. He was relieved by Peck who allowed 2 runs in 2 innings. The offense struggled with the only run coming from a Gonzalez solo HR as the Hooks dropped game 2, 6-1.
- Jonathan Bermudez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Hunter Peck, LHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (6-8) lost 15-6 (BOX SCORE)
Brown started for the Tourists and really struggled allowing 7 runs over 3.2 innings. The offense picked up 2 runs in the second on a McKenna 2 run single. Brown was relieved by Horrell who allowed 4 runs, all unearned. After a scoreless inning from Conn, Freure came in and allowed 3 runs while retiring just 2 batters. The Tourists got 2.1 scoreless out of Serrano in relief. The offense did add another 3 in the 8th on Lee solo HR and Holderbach 2 run single. Lee added an RBI groundout in the 9th for the 6th run but the Tourists lost 15-6.
Note: Lee has 3 HR and .824 OPS this season.
- Alex McKenna, RF: 2-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, DH: 2-for-5, 2B
- Korey Lee, 3B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Colin Barber, CF: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Luis Santana, 2B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Alex Holderbach, C: 1-for-2, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Tyler Brown, RHP: 3.2 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Kyle Serrano, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Tyler Krabbe, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (7-8) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Macuare started for Fayetteville and was dominant tossing 5 no-hit innings with 7 strikeouts. The offense picked up 2 runs in the 6th inning on a Daniels RBI groundout and a Ramirez RBI single. Macuare was relieved by Reina who allowed 3 runs over 2 innings. The Woodpeckers’ offense was unable to get anything else going and dropped this one 3-2.
Note: Macuare has 19 K in 12.2 innings with a 0.71 ERA this season.
- Kenedy Corona, LF: 0-for-3, R, 2 SB
- Shay Whitcomb, SS: 1-for-4, R, SB
- Yeuris Ramirez, 1B: 3-for-4, RBI
- Angel Macuare, RHP: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Fabricio Reina, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Jonathan Sprinkle, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: Joe Record (0.00 ERA) - 7:05 CT
AV: Jose Alberto Rivera (1.35 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:05 CT