Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (7-5) lost 8-5 (BOX SCORE)
De La Cruz got the game started right with a solo HR to lead it off. Odorizzi made his first rehab start and went 3 innings allowing 4 runs while striking out 4. He was relieved by Martinez who allowed a run in 1 inning. in the 3rd, De La Cruz connected on another solo HR for this 2nd of the game. Scheetz allowed a run in 1 inning of work and Hansen allowed 2 in 2 innings of work. The offense picked up 3 runs in the 6th on a Hinojos 2 run double and a Meyers RBI single but it wasn’t enough to overcome the deficit as the Skeeters dropped this one 8-5.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .364 this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 0-for-3, 2 BB
- Lorenzo Quintana, 1B: 1-for-4, R
- Jose Siri, DH: 2-for-4
- C.J. Hinojosa, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jake Meyers, LF: 2-for-4, RBI, SB
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-2, BB
- Jake Odorizzi, RHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Seth Martinez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (5-7) won 10-8 (BOX SCORE)
Mushinski got the start and went 2,1 innings allowing 4 runs. The Hooks picked up their first run in the 3rd on a Costes RBI single. Donato was the next long man in relief and he tossed 4 innings allowing 3 runs with 5 strikeouts. With the Hooks down 6-1 in the 6th, Leon came to the plate with the bases loaded and deposited a grand slam to left field. The Travelers added a run in the top of the 7th but Kessinger brought the Hooks back within a run with a sac fly in the bottom of the 7th. The Travelers added another run off Lawson but Taylor tied the game at 8 with a 2 run HR in the 8th. Henderson tossed two scoreless innings as the game went to extra innings and in the bottom of the 10th, Matijevic walked it off with a walk-off 2 run HR.
Note: Costes is hitting .344 this season.
- Marty Costes, LF: 3-for-5, R, RBI
- Pedro Leon, SS: 1-for-5, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Chandler Taylor, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- David Hensley, 2B: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B
- Grae Kessinger, 3B: 1-for-3, R, RBI, SB
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 2.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Michael Kelly, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Chad Donato, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Brandon Lawson, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
A+: Asheville Tourists (5-7) won 7-5 (BOX SCORE)
Casey started for the Tourists but struggled a bit as he allowed 4 runs over 3.2 innings. The offense got things going in the second with a run scoring on an error. In the 3rd, Valdez added an RBI double and then two runners came around to score on wild pitches. In the 4th, the Tourists picked up another run on a Lee solo HR. Tejada tossed 2.1 scoreless in relief and Cody followed that up allowing just 1 run in his 2.2 innings. In the 6th, the Tourists scored two more on sac flies from Santana and McKenna. Conn closed it out striking out 3 over the final 1.1 innings.
Note: Tejada has a 1.29 ERA with 13 K in 7 innings this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-3, R, BB, SB
- Colin Barber, LF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- AJ Lee, SS: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Alex Holderbach, DH: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Chandler Casey, RHP: 3.2 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Danny Cody, RHP: 2.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (7-6) won 9-4 (BOX SCORE)
Mejias got the start for Fayetteville and while he allowed 3 runs over 3 innings, he did strike out 7. He was relieved by Jaquez who allowed 1 run in 2 innings. The offense had a big game getting things going in the 3rd on a Daniels RBI double, Barefoot sac fly and Corona RBI double. In the 4th they got 4 runs on a Whitcomb solo HR, Daniels RBI groundout, Barefoot RBI double and Correa RBI single. In the 7th they got a run on a wild pitch and Daniels added a solo HR to make it 9-4. De Paula came in and slammed the door tossing 4 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts.
Note: Daniels is hitting .385 with 2 HR, 11 RBI, 2 SB over his last 6 games.
- Zach Daniels, RF: 2-for-6, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, SB
- J.C. Correa, SS: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB, SB
- Kenedy Corona, CF: 1-for-5, 2B, RBI, SB
- Shay Whitcomb, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Jose Alvarez, 1B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, 2B: 2-for-5, 2 R
- Christian Mejias, RHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- Ernesto Jaquez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Brayan De Paula, LHP: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: TBD - 6:35 CT
AV: Matt Ruppenthal (5.87 ERA) - 5:35 CT
FV: TBD - 6:05 CT