Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (5-1) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (2-6)
Game 1 - lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
France made his second start of the season, but he struggled in this one allowing 3 runs in 3.2 innings. The Hooks only picked up 1 run and it was in the 6th on a Costes RBI single. The good news though is that Paredes tossed another perfect inning in relief with two strikeouts. The Hooks dropped game 1 though, 3-1.
Note: Paredes has 8 K in 4 innings during his rehab.
- J.P. France, RHP: 3.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Nolan Riggs, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Michael Horrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Game 2 - lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Matijevic put the Hooks on the board in the first inning with a solo HR, the first of the season for him. Bermudez got the start and was fire again striking out 10 over 5 innings and allowing just 2 runs. Unfortunately the offense was unable to get anything else going and dropped the second game, 2-1.
Note: Bermudez has 18 K in 10 IP this season.
- Jonathan Bermudez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
- Brandon Lawson, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (3-4) lost 8-7 (BOX SCORE)
Cody started for the Tourists but struggled as he lasted just 2 innings and gave up 5 runs. Lee got the scoring started for Asheville with a solo HR in the top of the first. In the 4th they picked up 2 more runs on an error. The offense added some more runs in the 5th on a Lee RBI double and a Holderbach 2 run HR. A McKenna RBI groundout in the 6th for the 7th run. Casey relieved Cody and allowed 2 runs in 3 innings of work. Tejada relieved Cody and struck out 7 in 2.2 innings before being pulled for Conn, who allowed a run in the 8th that was the difference as the Tourists lost 8-7.
Note: Lee has a .833 OPS through 6 games this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 0-for-2, R, RBI, 2 BB, 2 SB
- Korey Lee, C: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, RF: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B
- Alex Holderbach, 1B: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- AJ Lee, SS: 1-for-3, R, BB, 2B
- Danny Cody, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Chandler Casey, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 2.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (3-5) won 9-2 (BOX SCORE)
Brayan De Paula got the start for Fayetteville and went 3 innings allowing 2 runs. The offense came to play though picking up 3 runs in the first on a Rodriguez RBI single and Daniels 2 run HR. In the second they added 3 more runs on a wild pitch, a Correa RBI double and a Whitcomb RBI single. They kept rolling in the third scoring another 3 runs on Rodriguez bases loaded walk and a Daniels 2 run single. Drennan tossed 2 scoreless innings in relief of De Paula. Mejias closed it out with 4 scoreless innings while racking up 10 strikeouts.
Note: Rodriguez is hitting .333 with 12 BB in 7 games this season.
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 3 BB
- Matthew Barefoot, DH: 0-for-6, R
- J.C. Correa, SS: 2-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, RBI, BB
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Zach Daniels, RF: 3-for-4, R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Shay Whitcomb, 2B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Ronaldo Urdaneta, LF: 1-for-3, 2 BB
- Kenedy Corona, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Brayan De Paula, LHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 4 K
- Whit Drennan, LHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Christian Mejias, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD - 7:05 CT
CC: TBD - 7:05 CT
AV: Jimmy Endersby (4.50 ERA) - 6:35 CT
FV: TBD 5:30 CT