Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (5-1) won 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Dubin was the starter last night for the Skeeters and pitched well allowing just 1 run over 5 innings of work. The Skeeters offense finally broke through in the 5th inning scoring 3 runs on a Meyers 2 run HR and a Jones RBI double. In the 7th the Skeeters added 3 more runs, this time on another Meyers HR which was followed with a 2 run HR from Jones. Solomon relieved Dubin and went the final 4 innings allowing 3 runs while picking up the save.
Note: Dawson is hitting .391 with 10 BB in 6 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Ronnie Dawson, RF: 2-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Alex De Goti, DH: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- C.J. Hinojosa, 3B: 2-for-4
- Miguelangel Sierra SS: 1-for-4, R
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (2-4) POSTPONED
A+: Asheville Tourists (3-3) lost 5-1 (BOX SCORE)
Bravo for the start for the Tourists and went 4 innings allowing 2 earned runs with 5 strikeouts. The Tourists finally scratched across a run in the 5th when a run scored on a Lee double play. Bravo was relieved by Henley who went 3.1 innings allowing 3 runs with 5 strikeouts. Henderson got the final two outs of the 8th. Unfortunately, the Tourists were unable to rally and lost 5-1.
Note: Bravo has 8 K in 7 innings this season.
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Blair Henley, RHP: 3.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (2-5) won 10-1 (BOX SCORE)
Jimenez made his second appearance of 2021 and pitched well tossing 4 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts. Barefoot put the Woodpeckers on the board in the first inning with a solo HR, his 3rd of the season. Fayetteville picked up two more runs in the 3rd on an error. The offense added 3 more in the 6th on a Dirden RBI double and Ramirez 2 run single. Garcia relieved Jimenez and tossed 1 scoreless inning. Moclair was next up and he allowed 1 run over 2.2 innings. In the bottom of the 8th, the offense added some insurance with a Perez 2 run double and Barefoot 2 run single to make it 10-1. Jaquez closed out the game with a scoreless 1.1 innings.
Note: Barefoot is hitting .333 with 3 HR, 9 RBI in 7 games.
- Joe Perez, 3B: 2-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Matthew Barefoot, DH: 3-for-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, BB, SB
- J.C. Correa, SS: 0-for-3, 2 BB
- Nerio Rodriguez, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 BB
- Zach Daniels, CF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Justin Dirden, RF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Yeuris Ramirez, 1B: 2-for-3, 2 RBI, BB, 2 SB
- Alfredi Jimenez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Freylin Garcia, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Mark Moclair, RHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Ernesto Jaquez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: J.P. France (3.00 ERA) - 4:05 CT; Game 2 - TBD
AV: Danny Cody - 6:35 CT
FV: TBD 5:30 CT