The Astros and Braves face off at Truist Park in Atlanta this evening in Game 4 of the World Series, with the home team up 2-1. After starter Ian Anderson tossed five hitless innings in Game 3, the Braves relief corps will be covering Game 4 in its entirety.
Will Smith, A.J. Minter, Tyler Matzek and Luke Jackson, the top relievers in Atlanta’s bullpen, all pitched Friday night, and are expected to appear tonight as well. Game 3 was the second time this series the Astros lineup got a look at the Braves’ high-leverage relievers, which could be advantageous for Houston’s offense as the series progresses.
Astros hitters were shut out last night and barely avoided being no-hit, but they won’t be dealing with Anderson or any other Atlanta starter tonight.
Edit/Update: Jason Castro will miss Game 4.
The Astros have a roster substitution before World Series Game 4: Jason Castro is out due to COVID protocols, Garrett Stubbs is on.— Jake Kaplan (@jakemkaplan) October 30, 2021
Lastly, a note from TCB chief Bilbos:
A reminder is in order about how we interact here at this sports discussion forum.
- Be nice are respectful to all your fellow humans
- Do not issue insults or engage in name-calling directed at your fellow Astros fans here at TCB. We all love our team. That doesn’t mean we all have to agree about every little thing. (Trolls will be quickly banned)
- Keep politics, social issues, religious issues, etc. OUT!
Here are a few facts that support why this is a no-politics zone.
- People on this site are mostly well-educated and well-informed people who already have well-formed political opinions.
- The people on this site are seeking refuge from the ever-present onslaught of politics in their lives.
- No one wants to hear your opinions.
- Your opinion will change not one person’s mind.
Please keep TCB a politics-free zone.
- Jose Altuve, 2B
- Michael Brantley, RF
- Alex Bregman, 3B
- Yordan Alvarez, LF
- Carlos Correa, SS
- Kyle Tucker, CF
- Yuli Gurriel, 1B
- Zack Greinke, P
- Martín Maldonado, C
- Eddie Rosario, LF
- Freddie Freeman, 1B
- Ozzie Albies, 2B
- Austin Riley, 3B
- Joc Pederson, RF
- Travis d’Arnaud, C
- Adam Duvall, CF
- Dansby Swanson, SS
- Dylan Lee, P
As displayed in the lineup cards, the pitching matchup is Zack Greinke vs. Dylan Lee. Lee, a rookie left-handed reliever, will merely be an opener for the Braves, while Greinke is expected to be given more of a chance to pitch multiple innings, though it will depend on how well he fares on the mound.
In any case, it’s likely to be a battle of the bullpens. Given how tremendous each unit has been this postseason, tonight’s contest could be another nail-biter.
How to Watch
Friday, October 30th @ 7:09 pm CT
Listen: Astros - KBME 790 AM/94.5 FM HD-2, KTRH 740 AM/99.1 FM HD-2, ESPN Radio, TUDN 93.3/KLAT 1010 / Braves - 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan, WNNX 100.5, Braves Radio Network, ESPN Radio, La Mejor 1600/1460/1130 AM
Watch: FOX, FOX-INT
DraftKings is now our official sportsbook. With DraftKings, pick your team, pick your players, pick up your cash!
Make your bet for the World Series before it’s too late! World Series odds HERE!