TCB: A Politics Free Zone.
A reminder is in order about how we interact here at this sports discussion forum.
- Be nice are respectful to all your fellow humans
- Do not issue insults or engage in name-calling directed at your fellow Astros fans here at TCB. We all love our team. That doesn’t mean we all have to agree about every little thing. (Trolls will be quickly banned)
- Keep politics, social issues, religious issues, etc. OUT!
Here are a few facts that support why this is a no-politics zone.
- People on this site are mostly well-educated and well-informed people who already have well-formed political opinions.
- The people on this site are seeking refuge from the ever-present onslaught of politics in their lives.
- No one wants to hear your stupid opinions.
- Your stupid opinion will change not one person’s mind.
Therefore, if you have to hear yourself pontificate and feel self-admiration for your brilliant political opinions, open your loud mouth somewhere else.
“He who speaks knows not. He who knows, speaks not.” Lao Tzu
Today the Astros try to bounce back from a 6 -2 drubbing last night, thanks mostly to the five runs allowed in the first three innings by Framber Valdez. The Astros need a starting pitcher to step up if they want to win this Series, and hopefully, Jose Urquidy can give the Astros a winning appearance as he did in the 2019 World Series.
Urquidy will be opposed by one of the Braves’ best, Max Fried. Although Fried has 14 wins and a 3.04 ERA for the 2021 season, and a 3.78 2021 postseason ERA, in his last game against the Dodgers Fried went only 4.2 innings and allowed five earned runs.
But that’s a mite bit better than Urquidy’s last outing, 1.2 IP, five earned runs as well.
Besides starting pitching, the one, three, and five spots in the order need to hopefully not go 0 for whatever. Altuve, Bregman, Correa. You are the heart of this team. You need to start pumping.
Here’s the lineups. Jose Siri in for Chas tonight.
When: Wednesday, October 27th @ 7:09 pm CDT
Listen: Braves - 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan, WNNX 100.5, Braves Radio Network, ESPN Radio, La Mejor 1600/1460/1130 AM / Astros - KBME 790 AM/94.5 FM HD-2, KTRH 740 AM/99.1 FM HD-2, ESPN Radio, TUDN 93.3/KLAT 1010
Watch: FOX, FOX-INT