- Cristian Javier has been named a finalist for the 2020 AL Rookie of the Year award (Astros.com)
- The Astros may be contenders in the George Springer sweepstakes, but these other teams are likely to make a move for him as well (MLB.com)
- Bob Nightengale doesn’t know why people aren’t still mad at Hinch and Cora since the issue clearly wasn’t about a team that people didn’t like winning it all (USA Today)
Around the League
- Here are all the finalists for the 2020 BBWAA awards (MLB.com)
- Eagle-eyed readers may note that a prominent name is missing from that list (MLB.com)
- Here are the top 50 free agents this offseason and predictions on where they might land (MLB Trade Rumors)
- The lack of qualifying offers this offseason does not bode well for free agents (FanGraphs)
- The Angels are seeking the dismissal of a lawsuit brought against them by an employee who was fired for providing sticky substances to opposing pitchers (ESPN)
- Here are some of the ways that MLB and its teams are moving to get out the vote today (MLB.com)
Speaking of voting, we here at TCB would like to encourage all our readers to get out there and make sure your vote is tallied today, if you haven’t done so already. Check your local election information for polling places and options, and make sure that you are counted. It’s important that we all have a say in how things are done in this country, no matter what side of the aisle you sit on.
That being said, TCB is also not a forum for partisan bickering. Political attacks on other readers or opposing political views will not be tolerated on this post or any other. This is a NON-partisan website and will continue to remain so. Voting matters, but so does civility. Anyone found to be instigating, perpetuating, or encouraging arguments or insults over preferred candidates or political philosophies will catch a ban.
Wherever you are in America, whoever you are, your voice matters. Make sure it is heard at the polls.