Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (58-42) POSTPONED
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (47-52) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Ramirez started for the Hooks and pitched well tossing 5 scoreless innings. He was up to 98 MPH with the fastball too. Beer gave the Hooks a 1-0 lead in the 4th with an RBI single. After the Cardinals tied it at 1 in the 7th, Dawson gave the Hooks the lead agin with a solo HR in the 8th. Pinales pitched the 9th but allowed Springfield to come back scoring 2 in the 9th. The Hooks were unable to rally in the bottom of the inning losing 3-2.
Note: Dawson has 7 HR in 24 games in the second half of the season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, CF: 2-for-4, R
- Ronnie Dawson, DH: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Seth Beer, LF: 1-for-4, RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-3, BB
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Willy Collado, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (45-55) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Another one run loss for Fayetteville. Rodriguez went 5.2 innings allowing 4 runs, 3 earned. The Woodpeckers picked up their first run on a wild pitch in the 4th. In the 6th they took a 2-1 lead on a Sierra solo HR, his 8th of the season. The game got away from Rodriguez in the bottom 6th when he allowed 3 of his 4 runs. The Woodpeckers scored 1 in the 9th on a Schreiber solo HR but couldn’t get another to tie it.
Note: Pena is hitting .315 with .838 OPS in 19 games in High-A.
- Jeremy Pena, 2B: 1-for-4, 3B
- Jake Meyers, CF: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 1-for-3, 2B
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 2-for-4
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 5 BB, 5 K
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (59-35) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Nice win late for the River Bandits. River started and allowed 2 runs in 4.2 innings with 7 strikeouts. The offense got their scoring started with a crooked number picking up 3 in the 3rd on a Dawson 2 run triple and Rodriguez sac fly. Tejada relieved Rivera and while he allowed the tying run in the 6th, he finished allowing just the 1 run over 4.1 innings. In the bottom of the 9th, Holderbach connected on a walk-off solo HR to win it 4-3.
Note: Rodriguez has 9 BB/7 SO and 4 SB over his last 10 games.
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 0-for-3, RBI, SB
- Alex Holderbach, C: 3-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-2, R, 2B, BB
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 2-for-3, R, 3B, 2 RBI
- Jose Rivera, RHP: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (13-21) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Note: Lee is hitting .350 with 2 HR, 10 RBI, 4 SB over his last 10 games.
- Kyle Serrano, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Juan Pablo Lopez, LHP: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- Peyton Plumlee, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Chad Donato(2.70 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV: TBD - 6:05 PM CT
QC: Jonathan Bermudez(4.60 ERA) - 1:15 PM CT
TC: Peyton Battenfield(1.00 ERA) - 6:05 PM CT