Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (36-24) won 26-11 (BOX SCORE)
Wild game in Las Vegas last night. Armenteros got the start and turned in a quality outing allowing 3 runs in 6 innings. Ritchie put the Express on the board in the 2nd on an RBI double. In the 4th they picked up 3 more on a Jones RBI single and Tanielu 2 run HR. They got one in the 5th on a Tucker solo HR and another in the 6th on a Ritchie RBI double. The Express blew the game open in the 7th scoring 13 runs on a Ferguson RBI double, Jones RBI single, Tanielu 2 run single, De Goti 2 run double, RBI singles from Tucker, Rojas, Reed, Jones, Ritchie, and another one from Tucker. Jones and Tanielu homered in the 8th and Tucker connected on another HR in the 9th as the Express won 26-11.
Note: Tanielu is hitting .343 with 4 HR, 11 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Joshua Rojas, SS: 1-for-7, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 4-for-7, 3 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 3-for-6, 3 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 0-for-4, 2 R, 2 BB
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-4, 4 R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- AJ Reed, DH: 1-for-4, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 5-for-5, 5 R, 2B, HR, 6 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 3-for-7, 3 R, 2 HR, 6 BRI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 3-for-4, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI, BB
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Oscar Campos, RHP: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (30-29) won 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Bukauskas got the start and pitched really well allowing 1 run over 6 innings of work. Goetzman put the Hooks on the board in the 2nd inning on a solo HR. The game was tied 1-1 going into the 7th but the Hooks scored 2 runs on a McCormick RBI single and a wild pitch to take a 3-1 lead. Henderson and Hernandez both had scoreless outings in relief to close it out.
Note: Bukauskas has a 3.40 ERA over his last 8 outings.
- Chas McCormick, CF: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Granden Goetzman, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Ramiro Rodriguez, LF: 2-for-3, R
- J.B. Bukauskas, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 0 K (WIN)
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayatteville Woodpeckers (26-33) won 8-1 (BOX SCORE)
Torres started for the Woodpeckers and tossed 4 scoreless innings while striking out 3. Fayetteville jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the 2nd on a Papierski RBI groundout, a run on an error, and a De La Cruz sac fly. They scored another in the 4th on a Papierski RBI single. In the 5th they picked up 3 more on an Adams solo HR and Taylor 2 run HR. Shaver added an RBI double in the 6th to cap the scoring. Garcia relieved Torres and tossed 3 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. The Blue Rocks scored one in the 8th but Fayatteville hung on for the 8-1 win.
Note: Torres has 44 K in 27.1 innings this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 3-for-4, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI, BB
- Jake Adams, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 2-for-4, R, BB, 2 SB
- Jake Meyers, CF: 0-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Chandler Taylor, LF: 3-for-5, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
- Jojanse Torres, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Jacob Billingsley, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Miguelangel Sierra, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (36-20) won 1-0 (BOX SCORE)
Deason started for the River Bandits and was great tossing 7 shutout innings allowing just 1 hit. He was relieved by Tejada who tossed 2 scoreless innings. The game went to the 9th tied 0-0 but the River Bandits scored on a Hensley walk-off RBI double to win it 1-0.
Note: Tejada has 22 K in 12.2 innings this season.
- Cody Deason, RHP: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Cionel Perez (6.44 ERA) - 8:05 PM CT
CC: Bryan Abreu (5.25 ERA) - 7:15 PM CT
FV: Chad Donato (5.91 ERA) - 6:05 PM CT
QC:R.J. Freure (3.28 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT