Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (47-33) won 9-2 (BOX SCORE)
Perez got the start and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5.2 innings. The offense scored their first run on a wild pitch in the first inning. In the 3rd inning they picked up 3 runs on a Ferguson 2 run single and Stubbs sac fly. They blew it open in the 7th scoring 5 runs on a Ferguson 2 run HR and McCormick 3 run HR. The bullpen was solid as they closed out the 9-2 win.
Note: Ferguson is hitting .391 in 22 games in June.
- Joshua Rojas, SS: 0-for-4, R, 2 BB, SB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-2, 2 R, 3 BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Drew Ferguson, DH: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 2-for-5, R
- Nick Tanielu, 1B: 2-for-2, R
- Chas McCormick, RF: 2-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, 2 BB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 5.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Joe Smith, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (37-40) lost 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Bukauskas started and while he went 6 innings, he allowed 9 hits and 4 runs. The Hooks scored one in the first on a Wrenn sac fly and one in the 3rd on a Sierra RBI single. They would get two in the 7th on a Sierra 2 run HR to tie it at 4. Unfortunately, DeJuneas allowed a run in the 7th and 8th as the Sod Poodles won 6-4.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .310 over his last 10 games.
- Bryan De La Cruz, LF: 1-for-5, R
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-3, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 1-for-3, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 1-for-4, R
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- J.B. Bukauskas, RHP: 6.0 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (36-42) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Dubin started and pitched really well allowing 1 run over 7 innings while striking out 9. Pena put the Woodpeckers on the board in the first with an RBI groundout. Taylor added an RBI triple in the 3rd to make it 2-1. Rosado allowed the Pelicans to take the lead with 2 runs in the 8th and the Woodpeckers were unable to comeback. The good news is Solomon pitched in his first game since April.
Note: Dubin has 75 K in 61 innings this season.
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (48-25) won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Bermudez started and allowed 2 runs over 4.1 innings. Quad Cities picked up their first run in the 4th on a Wielansky RBI single. They blew it open in the 5th scoring 6 runs on a Rodriguez sac fly, McKenna RBI single, Salazar RBI double, Wielansky RBI single, Nova RBI double, and a run on a wild pitch. Deason closed it out striking out 10 over 4.2 scoreless innings.
Note: Deason has 72 K in 56.1 innings this season.
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 1-for-2, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Alex McKenna, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI, SB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Michael Wielansky, 1B: 2-for-3, R, 2 RBI
- Freudis Nova, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 1-for-3, R
- Trey Dawson, SS: 0-for-2, R, BB, SB
- Jonathan Bermudez, RHP: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
- Cody Deason, RHP: 4.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 10 K (WIN)
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (4-9) lost 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
- Juan Pablo Lopez, LHP: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Lupe Chavez, RHP: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Garrett Gayle, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Enoli Paredes (4.05 ERA) - 6:05 PM CT
FV: Austin Hansen (4.26 ERA) - 5:00 PM CT
QC: R.J. Freure (3.54 ERA) - 6:30 PM CT
TC: Hunter Brown (5.40 ERA) - 6:00 PM CT