Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (45-31) won 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Bielak got the start and turned in his best outing of the season tossing 7 scoreless innings while striking out 9. He allowed just 2 baserunners (single, walk). He also retired the final 13 batters in a row. The offense struggled to get going but Rojas broke the 0-0 tie in the 6th with a grand slam. Rojas added an RBI single in the 8th to make it 5-0. Ferguson added an RBI single in the 9th. The Cubs made it close scoring 3 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th but the Express were able to hold on for the 6-4 win.
Note: Ferguson is hitting .420 with 1.098 OPS in 21 games in June.
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-5, R
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-4, BB
- Kyle Tucker, DH: 1-for-5, R
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Joshua Rojas, 3B: 2-for-3, R, HR, 5 RBI, BB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-3, BB
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K (WIN)
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Felipe Paulino, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (36-39) OFF
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (36-38) won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
France got the start and went 5 innings allowing 2 runs. All 3 Woodpeckers’ runs came in the 3rd inning when Julks connected on a 3 run, bases clearing triple. Duncan tossed 2 scoreless innings to close it as the game was called after 7 innings due to rain.
Note: Meyers has 23 2B in 65 games this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, 2B
- Marty Costes, LF: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Corey Julks, RF: 2-for-3, 3B, 3 RBI
- Scott Manea, C: 1-for-2, R
- J.P. France, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (45-24) OFF
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (4-5) OFF
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD - 7:05 PM CT
FV: Jojanse Torres (2.21 ERA) - 6:05 PM CT
QC: Matt Ruppenthal (2.93 ERA) - 6:30 PM CT
TC: Christian Mejias (27.00 ERA) - 6:05 PM CT