Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (19-13) won 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
Perez has really struggled this season and that continued last night as he went just 2 innings allowing 4 runs with 3 walks. The offense did their part though. They scored 2 runs in the first on Fisher and Tucker RBI singles. Fisher added an RBI single in the 4th and Tanielu added another in the 5th. In the 6th, the Express put up a crooked number scoring 4 runs on a Fisher sac fly, Mayfield RBI single, and Alvarez 2 run HR, his 14th. Deetz allowed 1 run over 3 innings and Guduan allowed 2 over 2 innings. De Goti added some insurance in the 9th with an RBI single to make it 9-7. Emanuel closed it out with two scoreless innings to get the save.
Note: De Goti is hitting .381 with 2 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, SS: 4-for-5, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-4, R, 3 RBI, BB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-6, R, RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 2-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Taylor Jones, DH: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-5, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 2B: 2-for-5, R, RBI
- AJ Reed, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 0-for-2, R, 3 BB, SB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 2.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (14-17) OFF
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (15-18) lost 10-7 (BOX SCORE)
Dubin has had a rough go of things in High-A. He started yesterday and allowed 6 runs in 1.2 innings. Adams put the Woodpeckers on the board in the first with a 2 run double. After falling behind 6-2, they battled back scoring one in the 3rd on a Beer RBI single and 2 in the 4th on a De La Cruz 2 run HR. Billingsley and DeJuneas allowed 3 runs combined as the Mudcats extended their lead. Adams cut back into the lead with a 2 run HR in the 7th but that would be it for the offense as they dropped this one 10-7.
Note: Beer has a .993 OPS and 29 RBI in 30 games this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Seth Beer, 1B: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Jake Adams, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-4, 2B
- Michael Papierski, C: 2-for-4, R
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Jacob Billingsley, RHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (21-10) won 6-0 (BOX SCORE)
The Quad Cities pitching staff is just incredible. Another shutout last night. Rodriguez got the start and tossed 4 scoreless innings. Pena put the River Bandits on the board in the first with a 2 run HR. In the 4th they picked up 3 more runs on a Dawson 2 run double and Wielansky RBI single. They would add another run in the 5th on an error. Torres, Conn, and Cabral all had scoreless outings in relief to preserve the shutout and the win.
Note: Rodriguez has a 1.16 ERA with 4 BB/39 K in 31 innings this season.
- Austin Dennis, CF: 2-for-5, 2B, SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 1-for-4, R
- Carlos Machado, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Trey Dawson, 2B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Ross Adolph, DH: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Michael Wielansky, 3B: 2-for-4, RBI
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Jojanse Torres, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Devin Conn, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Rogelio Armenteros (3.93 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT
CC: TBD - 6:15 PM CT
FV: Enoli Paredes (2.70 ERA) - 6:00 PM CT