Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (18-13) lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Martin started for the Express and turned in another solid outing allowing just 1 run over 5 innings of work. The Express offense struggled for the majority of the game but finally broke through with a run in the 7th on a Mayfield solo HR to tie it at 1. Unfortunately, Omaha struck right back with a run in the 8th, which was the eventual winning run.
Note:Martin has a 1.48 ERA with 28 K in 24.1 innings this season.
- Myles Straw, SS: 1-for-3, BB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Taylor Jones, LF: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (14-17) lost 8-5 (BOX SCORE)
Bielak was on the mound for the Hooks and after a rough first inning, he settled down to allow 3 runs over 5 innings with 6 strikeouts. Goetzman put the Hooks on the board in the first with an RBI double. The Hooks picked up 3 more runs in the 2nd on a Duarte 2 run HR and Wrenn RBI single. Toro added an RBI single in the 4th to give the Hooks a 5-3 lead. Valdez relieved Bielak and got roughed up allowing 4 runs over 1.2 innings. The offense struggled the rest of the way and fell 8-5.
Note: McCormick has 23 BB/9 K in 25 games this season.
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-5, RBI, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 1-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Chas McCormick, LF: 2-for-2, R, 2 BB, 3 SB
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, SB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4, R
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, R
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (15-17) lost 5-1 (BOX SCORE)
Ramirez started for the Woodpeckers and continued his solid start to the season striking out 12 over 4.2 innings while allowing 2 runs, 1 earned. The offense only managed to score 1 run on the night and that came on a Beer solo HR in the first, his 7th of the season. Martin relieved Ramirez and allowed 3 runs 2.1 innings. The offense was unable to get anything else going.
Note: Ramirez has 42 K in 25 innings while allowing a .136 BAA.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-3, 2B, BB, SB
- Seth Beer, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-4
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 4.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 12 K
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Willy Collado, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (20-10) won 6-0 (BOX SCORE)
The Quad Cities pitching staff is really impressive. They had a 2.79 ERA and 12.1 K/9 coming into the game last night and that improved with another great performance. Conine got the start and tossed 5 scoreless innings. They jumped out to an early lead scoring 2 runs in the first on a Machado 2 run single and 2 runs in the second on a Valdez RBI groundout and a run scoring on a passed ball. Dennis added insurance with an RBI triple in the 6th and an RBI single in the 8th. Castellanos closed it out with 4 scoreless innings to pick up the save.
Note: Conine has a 1.91 ERA with 6 BB/40 K in 33 innings this season.
- Austin Dennis, RF: 2-for-4, 3B, 2 RBI, BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 1-for-4, RBI, BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 0-for-3, R
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB, SB
- Carlos Machado, LF: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- David Hensley, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Michael Wielansky, 2B: 2-for-4, 2 R
- Brett Conine, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Cionel Perez (5.74 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT
FV: Shawn Dubin (8.22 ERA) - 10:00 AM CT
QC: TBD (-.-- ERA) - 6:35 PM CT