Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (17-12) lost 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
Sneed started for the Express in this one and got roughed up allowing 5 runs over 2 innings of work. The offense only managed 1 run in this game which came on a De Goti solo HR in the 6th inning. Emanuel relieved Sneed and allowed 1 run over 3 innings but the offense was unable to mount a comeback.
Note: De Goti is hitting .366 with 2 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-3
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-3
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-2
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 2.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Nick Tanielu, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
The Express also finished a suspended game from May 3rd. The game resumed with the Express having a 6-1 lead. Unfortunately it wasn’t pretty as Whitley allowed 5 runs while retiring just 2 batters. You can view the box score for that game here.
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (14-15) lost 9-8 (BOX SCORE)
Strange game in Tulsa last night. The Drillers picked up 5 runs in the first inning off of LaRue who recorded just one out. The Hooks battled back though scoring 2 in the 2nd on a Quintana 2 run single. In the 3rd inning they picked up 3 more runs to tie it on RBI singles from Rojas, McCormick and an RBI double from Quintana. Feldman relieved LaRue and ended up allowing 4 runs in the 3rd as the Drillers took a 9-5 lead. The game would stay this score until the 9th when the Hooks rallied with a Dawson 2 run single and Goetzman RBI single to make it 9-8. Unfortunately, Rojas grounded out with a man on to stall the comeback.
Note: Rojas is hitting .361 with 7 RBI, 5 SB over his last 10 games.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 3-for-5
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 1-for-5, RBI
- Josh Rojas, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, RBI
- Chas McCormick, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 2-for-4, 2B, 3 RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 0 K
- Brendan Feldmann, RHP: 2.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Colin McKee, LHP: 2.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (15-16) lost 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Donato started for the Woodpeckers and outside of a 3 run HR in the first, he pitched pretty well. He went 5 innings, allowing those 3 runs but struck out 6. The offense responded with two in the first on an Adams RBI single and Shaver RBI double. The game would stay 3-2 until the 7th when the Wood Ducks added 2 more runs. Meyers got one back in the 7th on a sac fly. The Wood Ducks added one more run in the 8th to make it 6-3. The Woodpeckers didn’t go down quietly picking up 2 in the 9th on a Meyers 2 run HR, but Beer grounded out with a man on to end it.
Note: Shaver is hitting .405 with 7 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Seth Beer, DH: 1-for-4, 2B, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-2, R, RBI
- Colton Shaver, C: 2-for-4, 2 2B, RBI
- Scott Manea, DH: 1-for-4, R
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 2-for-2, R, 2B, 2 BB
- Chad Donato, RHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Joey Gonzalez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (18-10) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Nice extra inning win for the River Bandits. Daniels got the start and threw 5 scoreless innings. The game was scoreless headed into the 7th when Quad Cities picked up 2 runs on a Valdez RBI single and a Salazar RBI groundout. Garcia relieved Daniels and allowed 2 runs, 1 earned over 5 innings. The game went to extra innings and Quad Cities scored 2 in the 11th on an error and another RBI single from Valdez. The TinCaps did score a run in the 11th but Conn was able to hold on for the save.
Note: Garcia has 7 BB/32 K in 23.0 innings this season.
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 0-for-5, R
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-4, R
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 3-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, SB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 0-for-5, RBI
- Ross Adolph, CF: 0-for-2, BB, 2 SB
- Trey Dawson, DH: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Devin Conn, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Ryan Hartman (4.09 ERA) - 11:05 AM CT
CC: TBD (-.-- ERA) - 12:05 PM CT
QC: Austin Hansen (2.00 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT