Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (17-10) won 11-4 (BOX SCORE)
Rodgers got the start for the Express and pitched very well allowing just 1 run over 7 innings. There has been talk about the balls being “juiced” in AAA but Rodgers is pitching well this season with a 2.75 ERA. The offense wasted no time getting on the board scoring 4 runs in the first on a Jones RBI walk, Tucker RBI single, Tanielu sac fly, and Wrenn RBI single. In the second inning, they got a 3 run HR from Jones. They added two more in the 3rd on a Tanielu solo HR and Ritchie sac fly. For good measure, Tucker added a solo HR in the 8th inning, his 7th HR of the season. The bullpen allowed 3 runs but the offense did more than enough to cover.
Note:Tucker is hitting .406 with 5 HR, 13 RBI over his last 8 games.
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 3-for-6, R, 2B
- Jack Mayfield, DH: 1-for-3, 3 R, 2 BB
- Yordan Alvarez, 1B: 3-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Taylor Jones, RF: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 4-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 2-for-5, R
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 0-for-4, RBI
- Brady Rodgers, RHP: 7.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (14-14) won 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
Abreu started for the Hooks and the results weren’t great. He only lasted 3 innings allowing 3 runs while walking 4. Fortunately the offense came to play last night. They got on the board in the 3rd scoring 2 runs on an error. In the 3rd they scored 6 runs on a Duarte HBP, Toro RBI single, Goetzman RBI walk, and Rojas 3 run triple. Duarte added a solo HR in the 6th inning. The Drillers made it interesting scoring 4 runs off the bullpen but Sanabria was able to toss a scoreless 9th to close it out.
Note:Toro is hitting .382 with 2 HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-4, 2 R, BB, 2 SB
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 1-for-4, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 0-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Josh Rojas, 1B: 2-for-5, 3B, 3 RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, DH: 1-for-4, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (15-15) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers started France last night and he turned in a quality start allowing 3 runs over 6 innings. Julks put Fayetteville on the board with an RBI double in the 4th. In the 5th, the Woodpeckers tied it up on a Meyers solo HR and Adams RBI single. Beer gave the Woodpeckers a lead in the 7th with a solo HR, his 6th of the season. DeJuneas relieved France and allowed the Wood Ducks to take the lead allowing 2 runs in the 8th. The offense was unable to mount a comeback and fell 5-4.
Note:Shaver is hitting .389 with 7 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Seth Beer, DH: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 2-for-3, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- J.P. France, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Joey Gonzalez, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Jacob Billingsley, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (17-10) won 10-3 (BOX SCORE)
The River Bandits continue to play good baseball. Deason started and allowed 3 runs over 5 innings while striking out 6. The offense came out firing though scoring one in the first on a Lacroix sac fly and 3 in the 2nd on a Salazar solo HR and Adolph 2 run HR. In the 5th they picked up two more on a Schreiber RBI double and Lacroix RBI single. They added a little more insurance with RBI singles from Dennis and Lacroix in the 6th and 7th. Freure closed it out tossing 4 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts.
Note:Freure has a 0.49 ERA with 32 K in 18.1 innings this season.
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 0-for-5, 2 R, BB, SB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, RBI, SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 3-for-4, R, 3 RBI, SB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Austin Dennis, RF: 2-for-3, R, RBI, 2 BB, 2 SB
- Ross Adolph, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Trey Dawson, 2B: 2-for-5, 2B
- Cody Deason, RHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 7 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Cy Sneed (4.71 ERA) - 2:05 PM CT
CC: Carson LaRue (4.15 ERA) - 1:05 PM CT
FV: Chad Donato (5.12 ERA) - 1:00 PM CT
QC: Brett Daniels (5.68 ERA) - 12:05 PM CT