Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (16-10) won 10-4 (BOX SCORE)
Perez started for the Express but struggled allowing 6 hits and 3 runs in 2.1 innings. Round Rock got on the board in the 4th scoring 2 runs on an Alvarez RBI double and Tucker RBI single. In the 7th, Tucker connected on a 2 run HR, his 6th of the season, to tie the game at 4. Martin pitched in relief and did really well tossing 4.1 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. The game went to extra innings but the Express made quick work and scored 6 runs on a Straw RBI single, Mayfield RBI double, Tucker 3 run double, and Tanielu RBI single. Garza closed it out with 1.2 scoreless innings.
Note: Alvarez is hitting .500 with 4 HR, 15 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, SS: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 3B, RBI
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 0-for-4, R, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 6 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-5, RBI
- Drew Ferguson, DH: 2-for-5
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-5, R
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 2.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (13-14) lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Hernandez turned in another solid start allowing 2 runs over 5 innings while striking out 8. Unfortunately, the Hooks offense struggled most of the night. They did score a run in the 7th on a Rojas RBI single but that is all they would get. Ferrell and Valdez had scoreless outings in relief but the offense was unable to get anything else going.
Note: Hernandez has 5 BB/34 K in 28 innings this season.
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, R
- Joshua Rojas, 1B: 1-for-3, RBI
- Jose Hernandez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (15-13) won 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Javier got the start and allowed 1 unearned run over 4.2 innings. He walked 4 but struck out 6. It wasn’t his best outing but it still helped lower his season ERA to 0.73. The Woodpeckers scored 3 runs in the first inning on a Beer RBI single and Shaver 2 run single. In the 3rd inning, Beer connected on a solo HR, his 5th of the season. Rodriguez relieved Javier and allowed 1 run in 2.1 innings. Bravo closed it out tossing 2 scoreless innings while picking up the save.
Note: Javier has a 0.73 ERA with 32 K in 24.2 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, RF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Michael Papierski, DH: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Seth Beer, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 4.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 6 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (15-10)
Game 1 - won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities jumped out to an early lead scoring 4 runs in the first inning. One run came on a balk while the others came on RBI singles from Lacroix, Salazar and Dawson. Conine started and was fantastic allowing 1 hit over 7 scoreless innings. McKenna added an RBI single in the 4th for the 5th run. They got some insurance in the 9th on a Valdez RBI double and Pena sac fly. Tejada closed it out allowing 2 runs in 2 innings.
Note: Conine has a 2.25 ERA with 2 BB/34 K in 28 innings this season.
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, DH: 2-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 0-for-3, RBI, BB, SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 2-for-5
- David Hensley, 3B: 2-for-3, R, BB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 3-for-4, RBI
- Trey Dawson, 2B: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Austin Dennis, LF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Brett Conine, RHP: 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Game 2 - won 1-0 (BOX SCORE)
Dominating performance by Rodriguez who tossed the complete game shoutout (7 innings since double header). He allowed just 2 hits and struck out 9. The River Bandits scored 1 run in the 2nd on a Dawson RBI groundout, but that was all they needed as Rodriguez was great last night.
Note: Rodriguez has a 1.33 ERA with 3 BB/33 K in 27 innings this season.
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 0-for-1, 2 BB
- David Hensley, 1B: 2-for-3, R, SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-3, 2B
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Rogelio Armenteros (4.11 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Bryan Abreu (12.00 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
FV: Parker Mushinski (2.33 ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: TBD - 6:05 PM CT