Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (31-20) won 8-4 (BOX SCORE)
Bielak made his first start in AAA yesterday and turned in a quality start allowing 3 runs over 6 innings of work. The Express got on the board in the 3rd on an RBI single from Straw and an Alvarez RBI groundout. Alvarez added another run with an RBI double in the 5th. The game made it to the 9th inning tied 3-3 but the Express rallied and scored 5 runs on a Sierra 2 run double, Tucker RBI double, Straw sac fly, and Alvarez RBI single. Valdez gave up one in the 9th but was able to hold one for the 8-4 win.
Note: Tucker is hitting .385 with 5 HR, 12 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, SS: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 2-for-4, 2B, 3 RBI, BB
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 2-for-4, 2 R
- Anibal Sierra, 2B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
The Express also completed a game that was originally started on April 18th. They won 2-0 (BOX SCORE). In this game Alvarez connected on a solo HR (technically his 20th, but it was counted as his “8th” since the game is a makeup from April). Cy Sneedpicked up the win tossing 8 scoreless innings with 10 K.
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (25-24) OFF
A+: Fayatteville Woodpeckers (23-28) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rodriguez started and was roughed up a bit as he allowed 5 runs in 5 innings of work. The Woodpeckers got their first run in the 5th on a Costes RBI double. In the 6th they picked up another run on an Arauz solo HR, his 4th of the season. That was all the offense would get as they lost 5-2.
Note: Arauz is hitting .475 with 2 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (32-15) won 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Hansen continued his nice start to the season tossing 4.2 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. He was relieved by Daniels who was just as good tossing 4.1 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts to complete the shutout. Pena continued his hot hitting with an RBI single in the first inning. In the 5th they scored two more runs on a Dennis sac fly and Pena RBI groundout. Nova added a solo HR in the 6th, his first HR of the season. Dennis capped the scoring with an RBI single in the 7th as the River Bandits won 5-0.
Note: Hansen has a 1.01 ERA with 46 K in 35.2 innings this season.
- Austin Dennis, RF: 3-for-3, R, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 2 SB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Freudis Nova, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Trey Dawson, LF: 0-for-3, R
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-2, R, 2B
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 6 K
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD - 6:35 PM CT
CC: Brett Adcock (8.18 ERA) - 6:30 PM CT
QC:TBD - 6:35 PM CT