Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (29-19) won 11-5 (BOX SCORE)
Perez has struggled this season and it didn’t go very well last night either. He lasted just 4.1 innings allowing 3 runs, 2 earned. The offense came to play though with Stubbs putting them on the board with a 2 run HR in the 3rd inning. In the 4th, they scored 5 runs on a Reed 2 run HR, Tanielu RBI single, and RBI walks from Straw and Alvarez. They added 4 more runs in the 6th on De Goti and Tucker back-to-back HRs and on a Reed RBI single and Jones RBI double. Emanuel allowed 2 runs over 3.2 innings and Guduan closed it out with a scoreless 9th.
Note: Tucker is hitting .368 with 5 HR, 11 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Myles Straw, SS: 0-for-4, RBI, BB, SB
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 1-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Taylor Jones, LF: 3-for-5, R, 3 2B, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 2B: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-2, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (24-24) lost 10-9 (BOX SCORE)
Bukauskas started and tossed 2 scoreless innings before running into trouble. He ended up allowing 5 runs over 4.2 innings. The Hooks scored their first run in the 3rd with a run scoring on a wild pitch. In the 4th they picked up another run on a Beer RBI double. Toro tied the game at 5 with a 3 run HR in the 5th, his 9th HR of the season. Goetzman connected on a 2 run HR in the 8th to make it 8-7. After the RoughRiders got 1 in the 9th, the Hooks rallied in the bottom of the inning to tie it on Toro and Beer RBI singles. Unfortunately, Frisco took a lead in the 10th and the Hooks were unable to respond.
Note: Toro is hitting .526 with 3 HR, 11 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Joshua Rojas, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, DH: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 3-for-5, 3 R, 3B, HR, 4 RBI
- Seth Beer, LF: 4-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4, BB, SB
- J.B. Bukauskas, RHP: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Miguel Figueroa, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Jonathan Bermudez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (22-27) won 9-3 (BOX SCORE)
After losing 3 straight games on walk-offs, the Woodpeckers finally bounced back with a win. Valdez put them on the board in the 2nd with an RBI single. In the 3rd they scored 2 runs on a Meyers RBI groundout and Arauz RBI single. They scored 3 more runs in the 4th on a Valdez 2 run triple and Papierski sac fly. Shaver added a solo HR in the 5th. Ramirez got the start but allowed 3 runs over 4 innings. He was relieved by Rodriguez who tossed 3 scoreless innings in relief. Schreiber added some insurance with a 2 run HR in the 8th. Collado closed it out tossing 2 scoreless innings to secure the win.
Note: Valdez is hitting .287 with .840 OPS in 39 games this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 0-for-5, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Jake Adams, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 R, SB
- Scott Schreiber, RF: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Scott Manea, C: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 3-for-4, R, 3B, 3 RBI, SB
- Michael Papierski, DH: 0-for-2, R, RBI, BB
- Alfredo Angarita, LF: 1-for-4, R
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Willy Collado, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (30-15) lost 9-4 (BOX SCORE)
Deason got the start for the River Bandits and allowed 5 runs over 4.1 innings. Salazar got the scoring started with a sac fly in the first inning. The game got away though with the Timber Rattlers jumping out to a 8-1 lead. Quad Cities battled back scoring 3 in the 8th on a Pena RBI single and Salazar 2 run double. It wasn’t enough though as they lost 9-4.
Note: Pena is hitting .463 with 2 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Austin Dennis, RF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Ruben Castro, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 3-for-4, R, RBI, SB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 1-for-3, 2B, 3 RBI
- Freudis Nova, 3B: 1-for-4
- Michael Wielansky, DH: 1-for-4, R
- Cody Deason, RHP: 4.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 2.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Joey Gonzalez, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Rogelio Armenteros (4.91 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT
CC: Cristian Javier (6.00 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV:Shawn Dubin (9.00 ERA) - 2:00 PM CT
QC:Luis Garcia (3.38 ERA) - 1:15 PM CT