Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (28-19) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Hartman started for the Express and turned in another nice outing allowing just 1 run over 5 innings while striking out 5. The Express scored 1 run in the 2nd on a double play. In the 3rd, Tucker gave the Express a 3-0 lead on a 2 run HR, his 14th HR of the season. After the Missions tied it 3-3 in the 6th, Reed broke the tie with a solo HR in the bottom of the inning. Blanco was able to hold on in the 9th and pick up the save.
Note: Tucker has 9 HR, 24 RBI in 21 games this month.
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Myles Straw, CF: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 0-for-4, R
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 2-for-4, 2B
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-1, R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (24-23) lost 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
LaRue got the start for the Hooks and allowed 10 hits and 6 runs in 5 innings of work. The offense started out well scoring 1 in the first on a Toro RBI single and 1 in the second on a Rojas RBI double. Unfortunately, the offense went silent after the second and were unable to score another run as they fell 7-2.
Note: Toro is hitting .500 with 2 HR, 7 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Joshua Rojas, 1B: 3-for-5, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Seth Beer, DH: 1-for-3
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, 2B
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 5.0 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (21-27) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Been a rough stretch for the Woodpeckers. Donato got the start and allowed 4 runs over 4.1 innings. The Woodpeckers score 1 run in the first on an error and another in the 2nd on an Angarita sac fly. In the 4th, they got another run on a Valdez solo HR, his first in High-A. Arauz tied the game at 4 in the 9th with an RBI single but the Hillcats were able to score a run in the bottom half for a walk-off win.
Note: DeJuneas has 20 K in 17.0 innings in relief this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB, SB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-5, RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 3-for-4, R
- Chad Donato, RHP: 4.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (30-14) won 12-3 (BOX SCORE)
The River Bandits just keep on rolling. Freure started and went 5 innings allowing 2 runs. The River Bandits scored 2 runs in the 3rd inning on fielder’s choice and an RBI groundout. In the 5th they score 4 more runs on a Pena 2 run HR, Dawson RBI single, and Wielansky RBI single. They continued to add on with a Pena sac fly in the 6th and an Adolph RBI triple in the 7th. In the 8th they score 4 more runs on a Holderbach sac fly, Dawson 2 run double, and Wielansky RBI single. Ruppenthal held things down in relief tossing 3 perfect innings with 4 strikeouts.
Note: Pena is hitting .439 with 2 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Austin Dennis, 2B: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-4, 3 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Marty Costes, RF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- David Hensley, DH: 1-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Alex Holderbach, C: 1-for-4, RBI
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 3 RBI, BB
- Michael Wielansky, 1B: 2-for-5, R, 2 RBI, SB
- Ross Adolph, CF: 2-for-5, R, 2 3B, RBI
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD - 6:35 PM CT
CC: J.B. Bukauskas (6.90 ERA) - 7:15 PM CT
FV:Yohan Ramirez (2.52 ERA) - 5:00 PM CT
QC:Cody Deason (3.25 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT