Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (27-19) lost 11-6 (BOX SCORE)
Another rough start for Whitley. He went just 2 innings allowing 7 runs while walking 3 and striking out just one. The offense finally got something going in the 5th scoring 4 runs on a Tucker 2 run HR, Fisher RBI single, and another run scoring on a wild pitch. Bostick relieved Whitley and allowed 4 runs, 3 earned over 6.2 innings. They would get two more on a Mayfield solo HR and Ferguson RBI groundout but it wasn’t enough.
Note: Tucker is hitting .370 with 8 HR, 22 RBI in 20 games during the month of May.
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 1-for-4, BB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-4, RBI, BB, SB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 3-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B
- Drew Ferguson, RF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-4, 2B
- Forrest Whitley, RHP: 2.0 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 6.2 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (24-22) won 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Bailey got the start and pitched well allowing just 1 run over 6 innings of work. After falling behind 1-0, the Hooks rallied for 2 runs in the 7th on a Dawson RBI double and a wild pitch. Frisco took the lead with 2 in the 8th but the Hooks tied it up scoring a run on another wild pitch. The game went to extras and Frisco scored one in the 11th. In the bottom of the 11th, the Hooks fans were sent home happy on a walk-off 2 run HR from McCormick.
Note: Toro is hitting .444 with 2 HR over his last 10 games.
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 1-for-4, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, DH: 1-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Chas McCormick, LF: 2-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (21-26) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
France got the start for the Woodpeckers and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5 innings. The offense got on the board early on Shaver and Adams RBI doubles in the first inning. They picked up another in the 6th on an Adams solo HR. Torres relieved France and allowed 2 runs in 3.1 innings as the Dash tied it. The game went to extras and the Dash won in a walk-off in the 10th.
Note: Shaver has a .886 OPS with 19 2B in 40 games this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-5, R
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 2-for-3, BB
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- J.P. France, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Jojanse Torres, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (29-14) won 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Another good start for the River Bandits. Bravo went 6 innings allowing 2 runs while striking out 5. The River Bandits tied it with 2 runs in the 5th on a run scoring on a wild pitch and another on an error. The game stay tied at 2 and went to extra innings. In the 10th, Quad Cities scored 4 runs on a Wielansky RBI single, Dennis RBI double, and Costes 2 run triple. The Cougars scored 1 in the bottom of the inning but Castellanos was able to hold on for the win.
Note: Costes is hitting .351 with 15 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Austin Dennis, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Marty Costes, LF: 2-for-5, 3B, 2 RBI, SB
- Trey Dawson, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Alex Holderbach, C: 0-for-4, R
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 1-for-4, 2 R, SB
- Michael Wielansky, 1B: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Carson LaRue (5.23 ERA) - 7:15 PM CT
FV: Chad Donato (5.67 ERA) - 5:30 PM CT
QC: R.J. Freure (3.38 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT