Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (27-18) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Sneed started for the Express last night and he was dominant. He carried a perfect game into the 8th inning before allowing a hit. He finished tossing 8 shutout innings allowing just the one hit. Alvarez put the Express on the board with a 2 run HR in the first, his 19th HR of the season. The Express got two more runs in the 2nd on back to back HRs from Reed and Jones. Valdez tossed a scoreless 9th to close It out.
Note: Alvarez is hitting .425 with 5 HR, 16 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 1-for-3, BB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 1-for-3, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- AJ Reed, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-2, BB
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 8.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (23-22) lost 7-6 (BOX SCORE)
Another rough start for Adcock as he allowed 7 runs over 5 innings of work. The offense had the power working connecting on six HRs. One from Wrenn in the first; Quintana, Rojas, McCormick in the 4th; and Toro and Rojas in the 8th. Unfortunately, they were all solo shots and they lost by the score of 7-6.
Note: Rojas has 4 solo HRs over his last two games.
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-5, R, 3B, HR, RBI
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Chas McCormick, LF: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Chuckie Robinson, DH: 2-for-4
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 5.0 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Jonathan Bermudez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (21-25) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Rough loss late for the Woodpeckers. Paredes got the start and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5 innings with 5 strikeouts. Shaver provided the early offense delivering an RBI single in the 4th and 6th. After the Dash tied it in the 9th, Manea gave the Woodpeckers a lead with a solo HR in the 9th. The Dash scored a run in the bottom of the 9th to tie it and got one more run in the 10th to win 4-3.
Note: Arauz is hitting .405 with 1 HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Scott Schreiber, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 3-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, LF: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B
- Scott Manea, C: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (28-14) lost 9-3 (BOX SCORE)
Rivera started for the River bandits last night and got roughed up a bit allowing 10 hits and 6 runs over 5 innings. The offense finally got on the board in the 6th with an RBI single from Lacroix. Schroeder made his season debut relieving Rivera and allowed 3 runs in his first inning of work, but was solid after that. He finished striking out 4 and allowing 3 runs in 3 innings. The River Bandits picked up 2 more runs in the 8th on a Rodriguez 2 run triple but that is all they would get as they fell 9-3.
Note: Pena is hitting .415 with HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Austin Dennis, 3B: 4-for-5, R
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 2-for-5, 3B, 2 RBI
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-4, 2B, BB
- Marty Costes, LF: 3-for-4, 2B
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 1-for-5, R, SB
- David Hensley, 1B: 1-for-4, BB
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 1-for-3, RBI
- Michael Wielansky, 2B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Jose Rivera, RHP: 5.0 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Jayson Schroeder, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Forrest Whitley (10.48 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Brandon Bailey (5.52 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV:J.P. France (5.58 ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: Jose Bravo (0.00 ERA) - 6:30 PM CT