Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (26-18) won 11-4 (BOX SCORE)
Hernandez started for the Express and was great striking out 12 over 6 innings while allowing just 1 run. Tucker put the Express on the board in the first inning on an RBI double. In the 4th they got two more runs on a Ferguson 2 run HR. They would add 3 more in the 5th on a Tucker RBI groundout, Ferguson RBI double and Reed RBI single. The Express blew the game open in the 7th scoring 5 runs on a Fisher solo HR, Ferguson RBI double, Reed 2 run single, and Ritchie RBI single. Scheetz allowed 3 runs in relief but Guduan was able to come and get the final out to seal the win.
Note: Tucker is hitting .395 with 4 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, SS: 2-for-5
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Jack Mayfield, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2B, RBI
- Drew Ferguson, DH: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- AJ Reed, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 3 RBI, BB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-4, RBI
- Jose Hernandez, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 12 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (23-21) won 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
After a rough start in Double-A, Abreu has been pitching better of late and last night was another step in the right direction. He went 5 innings allowing 1 run while striking out 7. Rojas got the scoring started with a solo HR in the 4th. In the 5th, the Hooks got two more runs on a Toro RBI single and Beer RBI double. Rojas and Wrenn added solo HRs in the 6th and 7th and Toro added another RBI single in the 9th to make it 6-1. Javier closed it out tossing 4 scoreless innings in relief.
Note: Toro is hitting .387 with 3 HR, 14 RBI in 18 games in May.
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 4-for-5, 2 RBI
- Seth Beer, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI, BB
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 2-for-4, R
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (21-24) won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Another good start in the system. Conine got the start and went 5 innings allowing 2 runs, 1 earned while striking out 8. After falling behind 2-0, Angarita put the Woodpeckers on the board with an RBI groundout. They entered the 8th down 2-1 but rallied scoring 3 runs on another Angarita RBI groundout and Arauz 2 run single. They picked up 3 more in the 9th on an Adams solo HR and Arauz 2 run single. The bullpen was solid with Rodriguez and Collado tossing 2 scoreless innings each to close it out.
Note: Conine has a 1.87 ERA with 7 BB/57 K in 43.1 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-5, 2 RBI, BB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 4-for-6, 2B, 2 RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 2-for-4, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Colton Shaver, DH: 1-for-4, R
- Scott Schreiber, LF: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 2-for-5, 2 R, SB
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-2, R, 3 BB
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 0-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Brett Conine, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 8 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Willy Collado, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (28-13) won 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
To continue the trend of great starting pitching, Daniels tossed 6 innings allowing 1 run in the start for Quad Cities. The offense scored 2 runs in the first inning on a Costes sac fly and Salazar sac fly. In the 4th they got another run on a Lacroix RBI single. Salazar added some insurance with an RBI single in the 8th. Hansen closed it out striking out 5 over 3 scoreless innings.
Note: Pena is hitting .410 with 2 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Austin Dennis, 3B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 1-for-5, R
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB, SB
- Marty Costes, DH: 0-for-3, RBI
- Cesar Salazar, C: 3-for-3, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 2-for-4, RBI
- Ross Adolph, RF: 2-for-4, 2B
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Cy Sneed (6.30 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Brett Adcock (7.39 ERA) - 11:05 AM CT
FV:Enoli Paredes (1.87 ERA) - 10:00 AM CT
QC: TBD - 11:00 AM CT