Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (25-18) lost 8-6 (BOX SCORE)
Armenteros got the start and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5 innings. The Express jumped out to an early lead on a 3 run HR from De Goti in the 3rd. In the 4th, they got back to back HRs from Mayfield and Tucker. The Sounds battled back and got 4 runs off Garza to tie it and force extras. The Sounds scored 1 in the 10th but the Express responded with one of their own on a De Goti RBI single. Unfortunately, the Express went to a position player and Ritchie allowed 2 runs in the 11th as they lost 8-6.
Note: Alvarez is hitting .382 with 4 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-6, SB
- Yordan Alvarez, 1B: 0-for-4, 2 BB
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 1-for-6, R, HR, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- Drew Ferguson, DH: 1-for-4, BB, SB
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-5, R, SB
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 3.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Jamie Ritchie, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (22-21) won 5-1 (BOX SCORE)
Bielak got the start and dominated for the Hooks striking out 9 over 6 innings while allowing just 1 run. The Hooks got on the board in the first inning on Beer and Dawson RBI singles. They picked up 2 more in the 2nd on Toro and Beer RBI singles. Goetzman added a little insurance in the 7th with another RBI single. The bullpen was solid with Sanabria and Pinales tossing scoreless outings to close it out.
Note: Toro is hitting .417 with 3 HR, 10 RBI over his last 11 games.
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 2-for-5, R, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-3, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Seth Beer, 1B: 3-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Granden Goetzman, DH: 1-for-4, RBI, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-5, RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 2-for-4, BB
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K (WIN)
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (20-24) lost 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rough start for Dubin who allowed 6 hits and 4 runs over 4 innings. The offense was quiet the majority of the night but get two runs back in the 7th on a Meyers 2 run double. Duncan and Billingsley each allowed a run in relief and the offense was unable to get anything else going as they fell 6-2.
Note: Julks is hitting .393 with 5 2B, 5 RBI over his last 8 games.
- Jake Meyers, RF: 2-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Corey Julks, CF: 2-for-4, 2 2B
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Jacob Billingsley, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (27-13) won 7-5 (BOX SCORE)
Garcia started for the River Bandits and allowed 5 runs, 4 earned, over 5 innings of work. Costes put Quad Cities on the board with a 2 run single in the 3rd. After falling behind 5-2, the River Bandits rallied for 5 runs in the 7th on a Dennis RBI single, a run scoring on an error, and a 3 run triple from Costes. Costes has 16 RBI this season and 12 of them have came in two games. Deason relieved Garcia and pitched great striking out 9 over 4 shutout innings to pick up the win.
Note: Pena is hitting .413 with 2 HR, 10 RBI over his last 12 games.
- Austin Dennis, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, RBI, SB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-3, 2 R, RBI, SB
- Marty Costes, LF: 2-for-5, 3B, 5 RBI
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 0-for-4, R
- Alex Holderbach, C: 0-for-4, R
- Michael Wielansky, 2B: 2-for-4, R
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Cody Deason, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Cy Sneed (6.30 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Bryan Abreu (5.14 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
FV:Brett Conine (1.69 ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: Brett Daniels (2.60 ERA) - 12:00 PM CT