Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (25-17) lost 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
Perez started for the Express and allowed 4 runs over 5 innings of work. Round Rock got on the board in the 2nd inning on a Tucker RBI triple. The tied the game in the 6th scoring 3 runs on a Ferguson 2 run HR and Alvarez solo HR. The Express took a lead in the 8th scoring 3 runs on Tucker 2 run double and Tanielu RBI walk. Guduan came in for the 9th to close it out but ended up allowing 4 runs, all unearned, after an error started the inning. The Express were unable to bounce back in the bottom half and lost 9-7.
Note: Alvarez is hitting .463 with 5 HR, 17 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 1-for-5, R
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Myles Straw, SS: 1-for-5, R, SB
- Yordan Alvarez, RF: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 2-for-4, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (21-21) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Bukauskas started last night for the Hooks and turned in one of his best outings of the season. He went 6 innings allowing just 1 run with 0 BB/6 K. He also retired 17 of the final 18 batters. The offense gave him a lead scoring 2 runs in the 2nd on a Goetzman solo HR and Rojas RBI single. They got another run in the 5th on a Beer RBI single. Unfortunately the pen couldn’t hold the lead with Ferrell allowing 3 runs in the 7th. The offense was unable to mount a comeback.
Note: Beer is hitting .333 with 10 HR, 36 RBI in 37 games this season.
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 3-for-4, 2B, RBI, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, BB
- Seth Beer, 1B: 1-for-2, RBI, BB
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Chas McCormick, LF: 2-for-4
- J.B. Bukauskas, RHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (20-23) won 11-0 (BOX SCORE)
Ramirez started for the Woodpeckers last night and dominated going 6.2 innings allowing just 1 hit, no runs, while striking out 11. The Woodpeckers got on the board in the 3rd inning on a Sierra solo HR and Adams 2 run HR. In the 5th they picked up 2 more runs on a Manea 2 run single. They capped things off in the 8th scoring 6 runs on a Papierski RBI single, Arauz 2 run double, Julks RBI single, Shaver RBI double and a run scoring on a wild pitch. Martin also dominated in relief tossing 2.1 perfect innings to pick up the save.
Note: Ramirez has 57 K in 35.2 innings this season.
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 3-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Scott Manea, DH: 3-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, LF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 1-for-2, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 6.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 11 K (WIN)
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (26-13) won 11-9 (BOX SCORE)
Wild game in Peoria yesterday. Ruppenthal got the start and ran into trouble in the 5th. He ended up allowing 5 runs in 4.2 innings. The River Bandits got a run in the first on a wild pitch and another in the 3rd on an error. In the 5th they picked up 2 on Salazar and Hensley RBI singles. They tied the game in the 6th with a run scoring on another error. Dawson broke the tie in the 7th with a 3 run HR, his 3rd HR of the season. Peoria cut it to 8-7 in the 7th but the River Bandits would again extend the lead with 3 runs in the 9th on a Wielansky 2 run single and Pena RBI single. Peoria would get 2 in the 9th but the River Bandits were able to hold on for the 11-9 win.
Note: Pena is hitting .385 with 2 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Ramiro Rodriguez, RF: 0-for-4, R, 2 BB, SB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-4, R, RBI, BB, SB
- Marty Costes, CF: 0-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 3-for-5
- David Hensley, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 1-for-2, 3 R, HR, 3 RBI, 3 BB
- Michael Wielansky, 2B: 2-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Brady Rodgers (3.22 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Brandon Bielak (4.20 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
FV:TBD - 6:00 PM CT
QC: Luis Garcia (2.67 ERA) - 6:30 PM CT