Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (25-16) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Hartman got the start last night and allowed 5 runs over 5 innings. Straw put the Express on the board with an RBI single in the 3rd. Bostick relieved Hartman and pitched well allowing 1 run over 3.2 innings. The offense was silent for most of the night until the 9th when they rallied to score 2 runs on Fisher and Straw RBI singles. Alvarez struck out with the bases loaded in the 9th and the Express fell 6-3.
Note: Straw is hitting .351 with 4 RBI, 5 SB over his last 10 games.
- Derek Fisher, CF: 3-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Myles Straw, SS: 3-for-5, 2 RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 2-for-5
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (21-20) won 9-6 (BOX SCORE)
LaRue started for the Hooks and pitched well allowing just 1 run in 5 innings. The offense got the scoring started in the 2nd scoring 3 runs on a Dawson 2 run single and Robinson RBI single. In the 3rd, Beer connected on a 2 run HR, his first HR in AA. Duarte added an RBI single in the 4th to make it 6-1. McCormick blew it open in the 5th with a 3 run HR, his 2nd of the season. The RockHounds scored 5 runs off Bailey to make it close but Scheetz tossed a scoreless 9th to pick up the save.
Note: Beer is hitting .333 with 10 HR, 36 RBI in 37 games this season.
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 3B
- Osvaldo Duarte, 3B: 1-for-5, RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, DH: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Seth Beer, 1B: 3-for-4, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI
- Chas McCormick, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4, RBI
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 3.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (19-23) lost 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Donato started the season well but has struggled recently. Last night he went 4 innings and allowed 6 runs, 3 earned. The offense got on the board in the 4th scoring 4 runs on a Shaver RBI single, Manea 2 run double, and Schreiber sac fly. Unfortunately, the offense was unable to score any more runs and lost 6-4.
Note: Collado has a 1.88 ERA with 22 K in 14.1 innings for Fayatteville.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 3-for-4, R, 2B
- Corey Julks, RF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Scott Manea, DH: 1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, LF: 0-for-3, RBI
- Chad Donato, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Willy Collado, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (25-13) won 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Freure started for the River Bandits and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5 innings of work. Quad Cities only scored in one inning but they made it count scoring 6 runs in the 4th. In that inning they got a 2 run HR from Dawson, Dennis RBI double, Rodriguez RBI single, and McKenna 2 run double. Gonzalez tossed the remaining four innings allowing 1 unearned run while picking up the save.
Note: Pena is hitting .410 with 2 HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Austin Dennis, 2B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Ramiro Rodriguez, RF: 1-for-3, R, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-5, R
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Ross Adolph, LF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Joey Gonzalez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Cionel Perez (6.35 ERA) - 1:05 PM CT
CC: J.B. Bukauskas (8.25 ERA) - 2:00 PM CT
FV:TBD - 1:00 PM CT
QC: Matt Ruppenthal (1.14 ERA) - 2:05 PM CT