Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (24-14) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (19-19) won 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Abreu got the start for the Hooks and pitched really well striking out 6 over 5 hitless innings. Dawson got the scoring started with a solo HR in the 3rd. In the 4th, they picked up 3 more runs on a Dawson RBI single, Quintana RBI double, and Robinson RBI single. Duarte added a solo HR in the 7th to make it 5-0. The bullpen of Ferrell and McKee closed to door to preserve the shutout.
Note: Duarte is hitting .426 with 3 HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 2-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Chas McCormick, LF: 1-for-3, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-4, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-4, R,
- Granden Goetzman, DH: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 2-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (18-21) won 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Conine made his High-A debut and was very good. He went 5.1 innings allowing 2 runs, 1 earned while striking out 9. Manea put the Woodpeckers on the board first with a 2 run HR in the 3rd inning. The rest of their runs came on one swing of the bat, a grand slam from Sierra in the 4th inning. Dubin pitched the final 3.2 innings and didn’t allow a run while picking up the save.
Note: Conine has a 1.88 ERA with 49 K in 38.1 innings this season.
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Scott Manea, DH: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-2, R, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 2-for-2, R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Brett Conine, RHP: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K (WIN)
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 3.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (23-12) lost 1-0 (BOX SCORE)
Rough game for the Quad Cities offense. They managed just 3 hits and 1 walk during the game. The pitching was good with Daniels allowing 1 run over 6 innings of work. Castellanos tossed 2 scoreless innings in relief but the offense was unable to score as they lost 1-0.
Note: Daniels has a 2.60 ERA in 17.1 innings this season for Quad Cities.
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD (-.-- ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Brett Adcock (8.22 ERA) - 7:00 PM CT
FV: TBD (-.-- ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: Jojanse Torres (0.00 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT